Halifax Shore Excursion

sowindct

Just returned from Carnival Triumph New England/Canada trip.We had the best time!!! We had a tour in Halifax that was so great I had to pass this on. It was a private tour of Halifax and Peggy's Cove. Our driver Jonathan Duru was not only pleasant but very knowlegeable about Canadian history as well as world history. Jonathan took us to a restaurant for lunch that had outstanding food. Not the usual tourist trap, but a place the locals would dine. My husband said it was the best seafood chowder he ever had. And if you knew him, you would know that meant alot! The trip was longer than the cruise ships and a much better value. Plus we were able to stop for photos or restroom breaks whenever we asked. We also were taken to coves and other places of interest that a tour bus could not and would not take you to. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed this tour. I cannot advise you strongly enough to remember that Halifax time and Ship time ARE NOT THE SAME. Halifax is one hour ahead of the ships time. We did not realize this and poor Jonathan had to wait 1 1/2 hours for us. But to his credit, he did wait. So remember, make sure you are clear on the meeting time for the tour. And by the way, I got the link for this tour somewhere off the cruise critic board. I wish I could find the person responsible for the link to say Thank you, thank you, thank you.

http://www.yourcab.ca/index.htm

Just returned from the Sept 11 Canada/NE on the Enchantment.

We booked an independent tour with Greg Inglis with Kiwi Kaboodle

www.novascotiatoursandtravel.com

He was fantastic. He picked up at the pier. Approximately 6 hour tour that went out to Peggy's Cove (he took us there immediately before any of the tour buses got there) and took us to all the places the ship's tours go plus lots and lots of places the ship's tours don't go. He charges $50 US per person but you need 4 people as $200 is his minimum charge. We found another couple on our Roll Call that shared the tour with us. I would highly recommend him. It was the highlight of the whole cruise.

We just got back from Golden Princess, and we rented a car in Halifax (they picked us up at the pier) for about $45 Canadian, put in $30 Canadian in gas, and went to Peggy's Cove, the Swissair Memorial, and then to Lunenburg to galleries and a great lunch place.

private tour of Halifax and Peggy's Cove. Our driver Jonathan Duru was not only pleasant but very knowlegeable about Canadian history as well as world history. Jonathan took us to a restaurant for lunch that had outstanding food. Not the usual tourist trap, but a place the locals would dine. ................The trip was longer than the cruise ships and a much better value. Plus we were able to stop for photos or restroom breaks whenever we asked. We also were taken to coves and other places of interest that a tour bus could not and would not take you to. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed this tour.

I am very glad to hear this since I have Jonathan booked for our Oct 8th cruise on the Golden. There are 6 of us, but he said that if we got more poeple, he would give us an extra 2 hrs........so if anyone else will be in Halifax on Oct 10..........

• 2 weeks later...

We are just back and used Wayne Covin as our tour guide in Halifax. Great time for the four of us. His number is (902) 830-9604 He was referred through Jonathan Dru. Wayne had a great sense of humor and was lovely to spend the day with. He took us to Peggy's Cove and then we had lunch although I would suggest another restaurant than Shaw's then on to Titanic cemetary. All in all one great day!

Archived