Back from the Explorer!!

Well, we are back from the Explorer!! What an awesome ship!!

We want to take her again, that's how much we loved her!! I was feeling guilty about not taking our girls...so now I have to figure out when we can all go together!!

The ports were great...Belize...we did not get off the ship....we were told that if you did not have an excursion, there was just nothing to do...so my friend and I went for Spa Treatments . We relaxed by the pool....which only had a few people......was wonderful!!

Costa Maya...we did the Mayan Ruins...that was fantastic!!

Cozumel...hubby went scuba diving with his friend, and my friend and I shopped....and boy did we shop!!! Let's just say we had to stop in Customs and PAY!!!

Grand Cayman...we went to Stingray City!! That was the most AWESOME thing I have ever done!!

We found the food to be Fantastic...we ate in the Dagama Dining Room (deck4), every night, except on our Anniversary, which we ate in Portofino's!! That place was also Fantastic..well worth the surcharge!!

We had room service for breakfast a couple of morning...we like to sit on the balcony as we pull into a new port!

We mostly ate breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer......never had a bad thing!!

I really hated to get off the ship...it was the best cruise we have ever taken!!!

Let me know if you have any questions!!!

Pat icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

till we start celebrating our 20th Anniversary on the

The Explorer of the Seas~~~~5/04

NCL Dawn~~~6/03

Star Cruises~~~Singapore 2001

Were the pools saltwater or freashwater? In the last week there have been 2 different posts saying 2 different things.... icon_confused.gif

Celebrity Century 2000

Carnival Paradise 2003

RCCL Explorer July 18,2004

Definetly .....NOT Salt water. I have hives on me, since I am allergic to Chlorine...but oh so worth it!! It sure gets hot out there in the Caribbean Sun!!

Hope this helps,

Pat icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

till we start celebrating our 20th Anniversary on the

The Explorer of the Seas~~~~5/04

NCL Dawn~~~6/03

Star Cruises~~~Singapore 2001

Welcome back. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip (except for the hives)!! How was embarkation and debarkation? icon_confused.gif

Explorer 10-24-04

Navigator 12-14-02

Sea Princess 10-9-99

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;24;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

10/24 Explorer of the Seas--Days until we sail!!!!

Great to read your review Pat,

I'm looking forward to my hols more than ever now.Hubby and I will be celebrating our 25th! anniversary on the august the 1st sailing (Our first ever cruise). We have booked for the second sitting at dinner, but I'm having second thoughts, what do others think?

And why I'm here how do you use this site, I'm totally baffled... What significance are the numbers on the bottom? And how do I make contact with people who will be on the same sailing as us? Any help will be very much appreciated.

Lesley

Welcome Sweet Dreamer,

The numbers on the bottom are countdown timers until your next cruise.

As far as finding other cruisers, visit the "Roll Call" and find your ship name and sail date. Don't forget to register for the meet and mingle.

These boards are sooo helpful and quite entertaining. Opinions, opinions, opinions!!

Happy Cruisin',

BichonBabe icon_wink.gif

Explorer 10-24-04

Navigator 12-14-02

Sea Princess 10-9-99

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;24;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

10/24 Explorer of the Seas--Days until we sail!!!!

Guest wrinkles

Hi Lesley,

I'm on the same cruise as you. There is a thread going on over on the Roll Call postings. There are about 10 of us so far. You can sign up for the Meet and Mingle.

Regarding the second seating. It's more of a personal preference and depends on when you normally eat. We are eating at the first seating as I have two children. (8 & 10) But, in past cruises, have done second seating with no problem. Typically, we would get on the ship right before sailing, take a shower and have a drink, then go to dinner. We did not feel rushed. With first seating, we are going to have to get back a little earlier to get ready.

Hope to meet you on board.

Chat later,

Leigh

Glad you had a good time...we are going on our first cruise w/ the Explorer June 27. Do you remember what movies were playing? Do you have to purchase them on your TV ? Just curious 2 of my 4 kids still take naps so I'll need something to do in the room for 2 hours besides ordering room service. The brochure said first run movies but I wasn't quite sure what that meant and where you watched them at.Anything you could tell me about the cruise would be awesome. The T.A. said she Fed. Ex'd my stuff Friday will there be more info on my cruise in that packet? (ie. activities, theme nights, etc...)??? Thanks, Jodi

Archived