Sea Dream 2 Atlantic Crossing Web Site

ctbjr1309

needless to say the passengers have been anxious about Wilma as the only channel we get on the tv is CNN international.

the captain announced this site at dinner last night. The owner was on board last week and asked them to create this site so he and the families of travelers could see how we are doing.

2007 is already 25% booked and the lines just got its first charter for 2008. So it appears the word is getting out about Sea Dream.

FT

It was great to see the pictures from Day 3. Especially, I enjoyed the pictures of the Crew Ice Cream Social! :D

It's great to see not only that SeaDream thinks enough of its crew to provide social events and a good time (it looked like they were all enjoying themselves), but also I think it's wonderful that SeaDream thinks enough of its crew that they would post pictures for the public to see. It gives them an added recognition that SeaDream would not be SeaDream without its wonderful crew.

I look forward to enjoying their company in a few weeks.

I agree. It seems to me that Sea Dream does a great job of recognizing and rewarding its crew.

Although Sea Dream discourages tipping of crew members, they do maintain a Crew Welfare Fund that passengers can contribute to. This fund is used for crew parties, purchases of DVDs and DVD players and other luxuries that help make the long days at sea more tolerable for crew members. I believe this is one small part of why the crew are such an important component of the Sea Dream experience.

I was enjoying the site but it seems that it has used up its bandwidth for the month so I guess unless someone buys more bandwidth it is gone until the are back.

Here is what I just got when I tried to connect.

Freewebs Site Temporarily Frozen

We are sorry, this site is unavailable because it has used up its monthly bandwidth. Please try back another time.

If you are the site owner, you can signup for additional bandwidth by logging into your Freewebs account, or change your bandwidth freeze settings from your My Account area.

Maybe Seadream is monitoring this board and can make space available elsewhere.

I'm not seeing that bandwidth issue and am able to access the site with no problem, for whatever that's worth.

What a great idea to have a Halloween party. Reminds me of the time (2003) we organized a Super Bowl party on SD1 complete with many of the stewardesses dressed as cheerleaders. Captain Tysse might have been there for that in which case I'm sure he'll remember it.

Just took a look at the photos of Day 6 (sigh)!

The sunrise was gorgeous!!! I am going to show these to DH when he returns from his latest business trip as an enticement to do a crossing next year!

I especially loved the picture of the bulb cutting the seas.

FT... are you feeling any motion in the ocean? Seas look pretty calm for the Atlantic:D

Glad to hear that you have calm seas FT:D From the photos it looks like you are having wonderful weather and seas!

I was looking at the April '06 trips last night ... particularly the crossing. I don't dare mention it to DH at this point as his reaction will be ... "We are sailing next week ... and you want to plan another before we leave.":p Of course the onboard booking discount can be a carrot;)

Zqvol ... DD goes to private school in High Point but we follow the Guilford County calendar.

Will attempt to email you:D

disney jen

in case you haven't figured it out - zq vol is the better half of frequent traveler and was left behind on this atlantic crossing due to school schedule.

today was another great day in paradise

i was taking a nap and missed the rum tasting at 4;00

captain shifted the boat around at lunch so folks salads would not be flying through the air due to wind. of course that put my poolside chaise lounge in the shade. compensated by having the wonderful staff bring my lunch poolside again. water in the pool has warmed up significantly

its hot out here and i am running out of sunscreen

oh well, such a rough life.

FT.

hi jen

i do and i'll try again

the first one never got a response but will send when i get back

looks like they are making us at customs in WPB get off the ship between 7 and 8 so our day is cut even shorter

a return to the real world is getting closer

today is a sunday buffet

1.00 bets at blackjack

i am still losing to maria and jeaneana but they are so sweet

another to die for dessert last night

chocolate mousse, hard shell and a banana fillling

upped the time at the gym to an hour but losing ground fast.

scored the recipes for the risotto and pumpkin lobster soup

FT

$1 bets a blackjack sounds wonderful! When we were in Vegas 10 days ago the cheapest talke I could find was $5 and you couldn't find a seat. I played one morning while DH was in a meeting at a $10 table for about 5 minutes before losing $50:o I think it was 7 hands and out.

The mousse sounds wonderful ... two of my favorite flavors ... chocolate and banana! Sounds like I will be putting time in at the gym as well:p

What day are you scheduled to dock in West Palm? Will be interested to hear what the damage from Wilma looks like from the port to the dock. We talked with the hotel that we are scheduled to stay in next Saturday night ... they have power and are in good shape ... although the air conditioner isn't working yet. They hope to have it resolved by tomorrow. We still are weighing flying into Orlando and then catching a ride to West Palm.

Enjoy your day FT! Let me know if the email doesn't work and I will try again!

Archived