Koningsdam - Interiors

Bristol5

Looking to book an interior on the Koningsdam. Considering midship near elevators because these rooms have a sofa. 4104, 4115, 5108, 5125, 6112,6127, 7104, 7097.

Can anyone give helpful info on any of these options? Do the elevators themselves produce noise? The cabin doors are opposite the elevators.

Appreciate any input.

We once had 4094 on the Eurodam, the cabin nearest the center bank of 6 elevators. The only time we noticed any elevator bells was after we first turned off the TV and lights to go to sleep each night.

Those cabins do not have doors opposite the elevators, it is all via a corridor all the the way around the back.

We were in 4104 on February and had no noise issues, especially from the elevators: no dings, no loud people exiting late at night. The first night I heard some noise spillage from what I assumed was the Queens Lounge but never heard it the rest of the cruise. Now this was on a charter with a lot of late night entertainment all over the ship.

Our friends were in 4115 and they did not mention any issues either.

The cabin was very roomy, though the couch was in a fairly useless place, right underneath the TV. We used it for stowing stiff, basically.

The cabin was conveniently close to the Grand Dutch Cafe!

Those cabins do not have doors opposite the elevators, it is all via a corridor all the the way around the back.

We were in 4104 on February and had no noise issues, especially from the elevators: no dings, no loud people exiting late at night. The first night I heard some noise spillage from what I assumed was the Queens Lounge but never heard it the rest of the cruise. Now this was on a charter with a lot of late night entertainment all over the ship.

Our friends were in 4115 and they did not mention any issues either.

The cabin was very roomy, though the couch was in a fairly useless place, right underneath the TV. We used it for stowing stiff, basically.

The cabin was conveniently close to the Grand Dutch Cafe!

Thank you very much for this information. I have placed a hold on 4104 and it is great to have the information that you supplied. We especially wanted a sofa in the room to be able to have our morning coffee and plan the day. A little surprised that you cannot see the TV from the sofa, so is the TV arranged to view from the bed? Is there any type of table in front of the sofa?

I am still not sure whether to book 4104 or not. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with an interior cabin on the Koningsdam which has a small seating area, with a table large enough for a room service tray. Just don't know if having the sofa in the room makes it better or worse of a situation. If no table, then is the little corner cabinet large enough for the tray?

I am still not sure whether to book 4104 or not. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with an interior cabin on the Koningsdam which has a small seating area, with a table large enough for a room service tray. Just don't know if having the sofa in the room makes it better or worse of a situation. If no table, then is the little corner cabinet large enough for the tray?

I think 4104 is one one the largest inside cabins on the ship. The corner shelf is not big enough for a tray - it is triangular and large enough to hold the ice bucket and a bottle of wine or two.

I ordered room service and put it on the ottoman and it worked fine.

I think 4104 is one one the largest inside cabins on the ship. The corner shelf is not big enough for a tray - it is triangular and large enough to hold the ice bucket and a bottle of wine or two.

I ordered room service and put it on the ottoman and it worked fine.

Decided to go for it! Thank You again for all your helpful post and the picture.