Neither ‘EZ’ nor ‘Pla(i)n(e) Sailing’

Corfe Mixture

First let me make it clear that I normally book my own flights, but I do like to check prices against ‘Plane Sailing’ (EZ Air to US clients). However, this year it has proved impossible.

What has happened is that my nearest local airport is Bournemouth airport and this is the airport which ‘Plane Sailing’ brings up when I log into my booking.

There is supposed to be a pull down menu to allow you to select other airports but none are offered and when I try to get a quote it simply tells me that there are no flights from BOU to MIA!

Dohh, YES PRINCESS - I know there are no flights to Miami from Bournemouth – I want to get a quote for flights from HEATHROW!!

The system will allow me to select different dates and arrive in the US earlier or leave later, but the pull down menu for my US airport, only offers me the option of MIA or FLL and doesn’t allow me to explore the option of flying in early and perhaps spending a few days in Orlando or Tampa, or if flying home on the day the cruise ends, using the normally cheaper option of flying out of PBI (West Palm Beach).

These however are minor annoyances compared with the fundamental problem that Plane Sailing / EZ Air will only search for flights from my local airport which has no flights to the US.

I’m just wondering if this is unique to my area or if folks living near East Midlands, Leeds/Bradford or Doncaster have similar problems with ‘Plane Sailing’?

Yup, I know I could phone Princess, but I don’t want to get into a flight booking discussion with them. I just want to compare prices.

In short, it is Neither ‘EZ’ nor ‘Pla(i)n(e) Sailing’

Edited by Corfe Mixture

A quick check of Princess' UK website shows Southampton can be selected as your origination airport...about a 30 mile drive from Bournemouth.

Another option is booking the Bournemouth to Heathrow segment on your own at about £21 (Kayak)...seems reasonable. There don't appear to be any non-stop flights, so flying out of SOU might be a better choice.

At any rate there are solutions to the issue you raise...

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

We have a similar EZ Air airport issue where we live in the U.S. We contacted Princess through our T.A. and requested that they assign different airports as our home airports. Princess was able to make that change.

First let me make it clear that I normally book my own flights, but I do like to check prices against ‘Plane Sailing’ (EZ Air to US clients). However, this year it has proved impossible.

What has happened is that my nearest local airport is Bournemouth airport and this is the airport which ‘Plane Sailing’ brings up when I log into my booking.

There is supposed to be a pull down menu to allow you to select other airports but none are offered and when I try to get a quote it simply tells me that there are no flights from BOU to MIA!

Dohh, YES PRINCESS - I know there are no flights to Miami from Bournemouth – I want to get a quote for flights from HEATHROW!!

The system will allow me to select different dates and arrive in the US earlier or leave later, but the pull down menu for my US airport, only offers me the option of MIA or FLL and doesn’t allow me to explore the option of flying in early and perhaps spending a few days in Orlando or Tampa, or if flying home on the day the cruise ends, using the normally cheaper option of flying out of PBI (West Palm Beach).

These however are minor annoyances compared with the fundamental problem that Plane Sailing / EZ Air will only search for flights from my local airport which has no flights to the US.

I’m just wondering if this is unique to my area or if folks living near East Midlands, Leeds/Bradford or Doncaster have similar problems with ‘Plane Sailing’?

Yup, I know I could phone Princess, but I don’t want to get into a flight booking discussion with them. I just want to compare prices.

In short, it is Neither ‘EZ’ nor ‘Pla(i)n(e) Sailing’

I can select from all UK airports except Bournemouth. My default is a northern airport.

Annie

A quick check of Princess' UK website shows Southampton can be selected as your origination airport...about a 30 mile drive from Bournemouth.

Another option is booking the Bournemouth to Heathrow segment on your own at about £21 (Kayak)...seems reasonable. There don't appear to be any non-stop flights, so flying out of SOU might be a better choice.

ROFL.

1. I can also see all airports on a test booking but once the booking is made and I access it as 'my booking' I only see BOU.

2. ROFL and turning somersaults. Are you really serious about flying from Bournemouth to Heathrow? - it takes about one hour to drive to Heathrow!

NO-ONE would ever even consider doing it.

Decided to check if it was possible at all Answer Yes: Fly to Dublin with Ryanair and then fly back to London-journey time SIX hours! I guess you don't live in the U.K.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Still laughing.

SOU has a very short runway. Biggest planes are Embrarer. No flights to US and no flights to LHR. Why? It takes about 40 mins to drive from SOU to LHR.

To put this into context for you. It is almost identical to Princess insisting a person living in Santa Barbara and coming to the UK has to start with a flight from Santa Barbara and not LAX and your solution is to accept their decision and book a flight from Santa Barbara to LAX . [emoji23][emoji23]

ROFL.

1. I can also see all airports on a test booking but once the booking is made and I access it as 'my booking' I only see BOU.

2. ROFL and turning somersaults. Are you really serious about flying from Bournemouth to Heathrow? - it takes about one hour to drive to Heathrow!

NO-ONE would ever even consider doing it.

Decided to check if it was possible at all Answer Yes: Fly to Dublin with Ryanair and then fly back to London-journey time SIX hours! I guess you don't live in the U.K.

The issue is your "gateway" city that is listed on your booking. This is your home city and what EZAir bases its quotes on. You can call Princess (or have your TA do it if you booked with a TA) and have them change the gateway to London. That will fix the problem.

The issue is your "gateway" city that is listed on your booking. This is your home city and what EZAir bases its quotes on. You can call Princess (or have your TA do it if you booked with a TA) and have them change the gateway to London. That will fix the problem.

Yup, thanks for that.

I was just surprised the pull down menu didn't allow me to select my own Gateway and wondering if other UK pax had observed a similar problem.

Clearly anniegb hasn't.