What's around the Sleep Inn in Dania Beach?

fourandtwo

We are flying in around 11 am on 12/3/17 for a cruise out of Miami on 12/4. I've already reserved a room at Sleep Inn for our family of 6 (DH and myself and our kids: 12, 10, 5, 4). What is nearby? Could we walk to Tarks?

Or...should we look for a different hotel? We were trying to avoid the expense of getting two rooms as many hotel rooms won't fit 6 people, but we will have a lot of time on the 3rd to relax and enjoy FLL. Without a car we need to be in a convenient location.

Edited by fourandtwo

We stayed there back in Jan. 2015. We walked to the Miami Grill (for lunch) at the corner of Sheridan Street and S. Federal Hwy. We then went across the street to the Publix (for wine), and the to the Walgreens that is next to the hotel. During the day, the area seemed fine. If you are thinking of walking to Tarks, that's roughly a 3/4 of a mile walk there. For dinner, we called a cab and went to the Quarterdeck Restaurant at Dania Beach Pier. If you get there early enough, you can watch the cruise ships leave Fort Lauderdale.

Have you looked at Doubletree Gallery One in Fort Lauderdale?

On your date, you should be able to get some nice places in the city. Will make your stay more enjoyable with things in easy walking distance, including the beach and/or trolley to get there.

Check out Hyatt Place convention center on valuetrips.com This includes breakfast and a quick ride to the port. Both of these choices are good choices for families.

Have you looked at Doubletree Gallery One in Fort Lauderdale?

On your date, you should be able to get some nice places in the city. Will make your stay more enjoyable with things in easy walking distance, including the beach and/or trolley to get there.

Check out Hyatt Place convention center on valuetrips.com This includes breakfast and a quick ride to the port. Both of these choices are good choices for families.

Hyatt Place is usually a good choice (we just stayed there this past March with extended family)...however...they would need two connecting rooms and I believe using ValueTrips there will be an extra charge of $10.00 per night for that 3rd person in the room...also the connecting rooms are double beds only.

Hyatt Place is usually a good choice (we just stayed there this past March with extended family)...however...they would need two connecting rooms and I believe using ValueTrips there will be an extra charge of $10.00 per night for that 3rd person in the room...also the connecting rooms are double beds only.

I would assume the OP would need two rooms with four kids at any hotel. Or at minimum a two bedroom unit at Gallery One. Hotels have a max.

We are able to get one room at the Sleep Inn. Two queens and a sleeper sofa, max 6 people for $129 total.

We don't have Uber or Lyft yet in our area (and no one uses taxis around here), but I've researched them and we are looking at ~$15 to get to the beach. We can easily grab a ride to the beach, eat at a restaurant there and then Uber back.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Forums mobile app

We are able to get one room at the Sleep Inn. Two queens and a sleeper sofa, max 6 people for $129 total.

We don't have Uber or Lyft yet in our area (and no one uses taxis around here), but I've researched them and we are looking at ~$15 to get to the beach. We can easily grab a ride to the beach, eat at a restaurant there and then Uber back.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Forums mobile app

If using uber, you will need to use uberXL. ( not X) And when you book a ride, double check that there is room for 6 passengers even in that choice. Perhaps have the hotel recommend a ride suitable for your family.