Low activity tours of Santorini

Kroosin

DH has trouble walking any distance especially on uneven terrain. Is there any way we can get off the funicular in Fira, board a bus and sight see the island getting off only a few times? In the past we have avoided excess walking by taking a hop on hop off bus but I haven't found information about one in Santorini. Please don't suggest the cruise line's tours none of them are a one on the activity level for Santorini. Thanks!

Edited by Kroosin
spelling

I do not remember what we did in Santorini. I think we just wandered around on our own. However, I did find a couple links that might help you. We did use public buses many different places.

http://www.santorini.net/tours/notos-guided-tours/

https://ktel-santorini.gr/ktel/index.php/en/

http://www.santorini.net/information/how-to-move-around/

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

• 4 weeks later...

The cruise line tours are easy up until the point where they drop you in Thira and you have to walk a long way uphill and along to the funicular to get back to the ship. I imagine the public buses do the same. I don’t know about taxis, it might be worth investigating if a taxi can return you to the funicular.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The cruise line tours are easy up until the point where they drop you in Thira and you have to walk a long way uphill and along to the funicular to get back to the ship. I imagine the public buses do the same. I don’t know about taxis, it might be worth investigating if a taxi can return you to the funicular.

A taxi couldn't get me all the way to the funicular, but it sure got me a lot closer than where the tour bus dropped us off. Even the tour bus had gotten closer as we toured, but the end of the tour was going to be an impossible walk.

My taxi got me to maybe the equivalent of a block walk to the end of the line.

But! Once down to sea level, there was another long walk over to the tender dock; true, it was flat. Before heading out, even on an easy tour, it would be helpful to determine how involved the walk back would be.