Bonaire Golf Cart rental

mrsboca

We will be in Bonaire on 11/23/17 & interested in renting a golf cart to tour the Island. Has anyone done this & how was it? Are you able to rent a cart for 4 hours & what is the cost? Any reviews would be helpful! Thanks in advance.

we were just in Bonaire and rented 3 gold carts thru Bonaire cruisers, Debbie Berkers. it was $100/day for a 4 person cart but only 3 adults are allowed per cart. they also have 2 person carts, I think for $90/day.

Reserve now, it was a blast. we took the south route to jibe city beach where they windsurf. There was a great breeze so it as fun to chill on the beach and relax. we went to Coco beach next for about a hour and then back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. This is the best way to spend the day IMO.

We did this in January and had a great time. Very safe and the roads are fine and the local drivers seem to be used to the carts on the roads. Just pull of to the side of the road when you want and take the cart key with you and the cart is fine. The owners are very friendly and provide a map and point out places to stop at. This is the map they provide.

cbcf4db608b2d736c772935f7aee6ade.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

There are also a couple of threads in the parts of call/Caribbean/bonaire section about the cart rentals with some more information. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks so much for the replies. Very helpful. Do you recommend reserving prior or waiting til we arrive in port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't wait! There aren't that many carts available and you must reserve far in advance.

We reserved our cart about four months ahead. I mentioned it on our cruise thread and several others tried and only one other got a reservation. They were totally booked up 3 1/2 months out. We did the island tour that they recommended and had a blast. One of the best excursions we have done.

Thanks to all of you for the wonderful information. I emailed Debbie & she got back to me overnight. Great customer service. We have a cart reserved for 11/23/17! We will look for the food truck with the great hamburgers!!!!

Thanks again!

Bev

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we did this also ( 4 adults ) we got 2 carts for the whole day, we had a BLAST!! We started off by going south first and promptly got lost ( missed the 2nd turn) ended up doing the south backwards, saw all the tour buses trying to go where we went but could not (to big). returned to ship for a late lunch and then went out again to do the north route. you can park the carts right where you got them and they will be there when you return from lunch. We really did not get lost,( island is to small) but we did not take the normal touring route so we were like the amazing race, looking at maps and trying to figure out where we were and talking to people. we laughed and laughed. When we got back on board, people on the bus tours were envious of us. and the paid twice what we paid and saw less and sat on a bus. Someone was concerned about their age (we are all in our 60's). I just mentioned to my DW that someone on CC asked about the golf cart trip, she immediately perked up and yelled "TELL THEM TO DO IT"!

enough said

• 2 months later...

We rented a 2 person cart when we were there last week and it was the highlight of our cruise! $90 US for the day plus a $100 deposit. Pay the deposit in cash if you can and you'll get it back at the end of the day (provided you return an undamaged cart, of course!); if you put the deposit on a credit card Debbie told me their bank will place a hold on your card for up to a week.

Such a fantastic way to see the island! We only did the south end loop as it was a very hot day. Took us about 2 hours round trip from where we picked up the golf cart. We made lots of stops including a good half hour at Lac Bay/Sorobon Beach. Roads were easy to navigate with little traffic. Definitely more pot holes and traffic in town so that was part of the reason we decided to save the north leg for our next visit (still totally safe but we were tired and hot, so we bailed early). I don't have the map in front of me but my hubby and I agreed that next time we wouldn't do the full loop and would instead cut across the south end on the route that takes you to the donkey sanctuary, then brings you back out the way you came in to get back to the golf cart rental spot. The east/north-east side of the southern route was rather desolate and there wasn't much to see besides Lac Bay (which, in itself was just a small stop) so just throwing that out there if you want to see a little more than a whole lot of cactus plants. Also highly recommend downloading the maps.me app before you travel so you'll have GPS guidance without needing to turn on data on your phone. This was more helpful to us in town than out on the southern route, but we were thankful to have it when we got a little bit lost on our way to return our golf cart!

• 2 months later...