Coral Main Dining Room Dress for Panama Canal

nini

For past Panama Canal cruisers on the Coral;

since this is a warm weather cruise and seems to have a casual

feel, what did people most people wear to dinner (not on the formal nights)?

TIA

The dress code is the same regardless of where you cruising.

For past Panama Canal cruisers on the Coral;

since this is a warm weather cruise and seems to have a casual

feel, what did people most people wear to dinner (not on the formal nights)?

TIA

The Caribbean theater is the Caribbean theater - doesn't matter which ship, nor the itinerary. You are going to find the same thing. There are clothing recommendations posted on Princess' website under FAQ's. You are going to find a mix. There are a TON of threads always on various ways of asking about clothing. Most people wear "smart casual" or "nice casual" on the non-formal nights.

Edited by steelers36

I just disembarked from the 10-day partial transit .Men typically khakis or nice jeans and polos , dress shirts or the tommy Bahamas or Columbia type casual shirts . Woman slacks or jeans ,nice blouses / tops and some sundresses or mini dress / jumpers. Nothing extreme and no shorts were allowed except the first night. To be honest , I would. It overthink , just don’t wear shorts and you will be fine .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes it is a warm, bordering on hot, weather cruise. But the ship is more than adequately air conditioned and cools down quickly as soon as it has left port. And if you are on a west-to-east sailing from November thru February the sun sets quite early. On my two Panama Canal cruises there were no fewer persons at dinner in the MDR wearing less than the minimal slacks and collared shirt/neat blouse than on any other sailing.

And since the OP's question did not specify dining location one can certainly add that anyone feeling too hot to change out of their shorts and t-shirts will naturally head to the buffet, just as much on a canal transit than on any other cruise.

I realize that it is posted on Princess, but I needed real people comments.

Thank you, we would not wear shorts- a bit tacky.

That really helps!

We have been on the Coral PC. Dress nicely and you will fit in. It is no different than any other Princess cruise. We always bring a sweater or similar as it can be cool in the air conditioning.

We just got off of the Coral Princess two weeks ago today on a Panama Canal transit cruise. I must admit that I do not pay much attention to how people dress because it is none of my business. I don't recall seeing any shorts or tee shirts in the MDR for dinner and it would not have bothered me in the least if I did. Men wore long pants and shirts with a collar.

I realize that it is posted on Princess, but I needed real people comments.

Thank you, we would not wear shorts- a bit tacky.

That really helps!

As a real person ;), I can confirm that the MDR dress on our Coral Panama Canal cruise this year was no different than any other Princess cruise we have taken. Smart casual on non formal nights.