Where?

mysusie45

Someone in a post the last few days said that there was a place in the personalizer that gave dates of formal nights on your cruise. Can't find the post with search.

Can't find place in personalizer with that info. We are less than a month from sailing and everything else seems to be there.

Any ideas? Curious as we are sailing over Christmas and New Years. Thought formal nights might change because of holidays.

19 day out of LA to Canal.

If you view your Travel Summary document (there is a link to it in the Personalizer if you didn't save the copy you were e-mailed at booking) in the section headed Itinerary for this Booking the last line will read:

"Your itinerary includes # formal nights and # smart casual nights"

But nowhere will it specify which nights will be which. If someone actually said that they are very mistaken.

Yep, you are going to have to wait until you get on board to know which days are formal. Personalizer only gives you number. I agree with you. Usually formal nights are sea day nights. But with Christmas and New Year's Eve being port days, but holidays, could they do a formal night then? You will have to come back and let us know what ended up happening to satisfy my informational curiosity!

Have you cruised over the holidays before? Curious as to what it is like. My daughter is considering doing a cruise with all of us for Christmas in a couple years when her two boys are a little older so as to develop lasting memories instead of a bunch of toys etc. So was wondering what it was like. I am old enough now (unfortunately! Grin) that this sounds like a good idea! Maybe on Disney due to the grandkids, but still a novel idea to me.

Pooh

Formal nights are generally (not always) on sea days & are scattered. On a 19 cruise there are probably 4-5 formal nights. The first will probably be the first sea day, the last one on the last sea day (but not the night before disembarkation) & the others scattered every 3-5 days, depending on the itinerary.

Our itinerary for our 20 night sailing on Royal in January lists 3 formal nights. However, this 20 nights is really 2 10 night sailings booked as 20 nights. So how can they have 2 formal nights on each 10 night cruise, yey only 3 total for 20 nights? Just curious!