Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to you all.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:35 AM.
#1
173 Posts
Joined May 2015
I would like the Thank the wonderful Hal crews, working at this time of year.
We all know that most have family and would like to be at home with them.
Sandra
#2
Old Bridge, New Jersey
893 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Sandra,

Totally agree with your comments. Tough time of the year to be away from family & friends. Kudos to HAL employees on the ships.

Not to hijack the thread but I found it very amusing and sad that this thread got over 100 looks but no comments. Yet the one labeled "Jeans In Specialty Restaurants " got hit over 2200 times with the usual raft of CC comments including fake outrage, indignation, pompous retorts and the like. Just a shame that they would rather bicker among themselves over some nonsense.

But I digress. Again Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all the HAL employees working this holiday.

Dan
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature







Equinox - 10/2017
Oosterdam - 03/2017
Anthem of the Seas - 10/2016
Maasdam - 03/2016
Oosterdam - 10/2015
Ryndam - 03/2015
NCL Getaway - 10/2014
Allure of the Seas - 05/2014
Nieuw Amsterdam - 11/2013
Nieuw Amsterdam - 3/2013; Pride of America- 2012
Eurodam - 2011; Zuiderdam - 2010
Noordam - 2008; Noordam - 2007
Zuiderdam - 2005; Oosterdam - 2004
Zuiderdam - 2003; Maasdam - 2002
Niew Amsterdam - 1990; Bermuda Star - 1987
Bermuda Star - 1984; Skyward - 1983
Norway - 1981; Norway - 1980
Stantendam -1979; Rotterdam - 1978
#3
USA
1,358 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
Originally posted by dogo88
Sandra,

Totally agree with your comments. Tough time of the year to be away from family & friends. Kudos to HAL employees on the ships.

Not to hijack the thread but I found it very amusing and sad that this thread got over 100 looks but no comments. Yet the one labeled "Jeans In Specialty Restaurants " got hit over 2200 times with the usual raft of CC comments including fake outrage, indignation, pompous retorts and the like. Just a shame that they would rather bicker among themselves over some nonsense.
But I digress. Again Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all the HAL employees working this holiday.
Dan
Spot on, Dan, and Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy New Year to all the HAL employees working this holiday.
#4
6,367 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Originally posted by dogo88
Sandra,

Totally agree with your comments. Tough time of the year to be away from family & friends. Kudos to HAL employees on the ships.

Not to hijack the thread but I found it very amusing and sad that this thread got over 100 looks but no comments. Yet the one labeled "Jeans In Specialty Restaurants " got hit over 2200 times with the usual raft of CC comments including fake outrage, indignation, pompous retorts and the like. Just a shame that they would rather bicker among themselves over some nonsense.

But I digress. Again Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all the HAL employees working this holiday.

Dan
I looked at the thread but it was clearly directed at the HAL crews. I expect others who looked thought - like me - nice sentiment but no need to respond.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lizzie.
emailme
#5
New Brunswick
43,180 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by haladdict
I would like the Thank the wonderful Hal crews, working at this time of year.
We all know that most have family and would like to be at home with them.
Sandra
I always appreciate the work that the HAL crews do and, know they miss their families any time of the year but...

Most of the Indonesian crew are not Christain nor any other religion that has a celebration this time of year.

It would be nice if we remembered the crew during Ramadan when they can't eat during daylight hours - the very hours many of them work.


Happy Holidays to all of the crew on all the blue hulled beauties every where.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jacqui emailme Click here for Prinsendam Roll Call's spread sheet for May 5, 2018 - 28 day Azores and Celtic Explorer

#6
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1,866 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by kazu
I always appreciate the work that the HAL crews do and, know they miss their families any time of the year but...

Most of the Indonesian crew are not Christain nor any other religion that has a celebration this time of year.

It would be nice if we remembered the crew during Ramadan when they can't eat during daylight hours - the very hours many of them work.


Happy Holidays to all of the crew on all the blue hulled beauties every where.
As always, very well said. Most crew members are not Christian and we tend to overlook them. However, to all of those hardworking crew and staff of all religions, I wish you much happiness and health and a spectacular 2018!
#7
83,858 Posts
Joined Aug 2000
Originally posted by Lady Arwen
As always, very well said. Most crew members are not Christian and we tend to overlook them. However, to all of those hardworking crew and staff of all religions, I wish you much happiness and health and a spectacular 2018!

Some of the c rew from Phillipines an Netherlands are Christian. I wouldnt'; say all as I do not know. As per the other thread we just had, i would never ask .
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
<img src=http://www.hollandamerica.com/images/5starMariner.gif border=0 alt= />


[email protected]
Please put CruiseCritic in Subject Line
#8
110,254 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Wishing all the HAL crew and staff no what their religion a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays.


May you all have good health and happiness in 2018.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising is a wonderful way to enjoy retirement!
Stopped counting a few years ago -- have done over 140 cruises.