La Porta, TX

trish1c

Is this the place to stay near the port of Houston? The port's official web site states it's in Morgan's Point but when I type that into a travel search engine I keep getting sent to La Porta.

How's the Best Western there?

Trish

We moved from the Houston area last year and lived about an hour and a half north of LaPorte, near IAH. If you are flying into IAH, I would definitely stay there over LaPorte. Part of LaPorte is an industrial area with many refineries.

Susan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
La Porte is only 3 miles away from the port. The Best Western is fairly new, and is a nice hotel. Yes, La Porte is an industrial area, but the hotels are located in town, so the refineries won't affect you. I live in La Porte, so if you have any questions, just ask.

Jana

• 2 weeks later...
Jana,

I appreciate your info about the Best Western. We are flying in on a Friday to George Bush and will get a rental car which I would prefer to return in La Porta. Do you know of any rental car companies in La Porta?

Just to clarify, the city is La Porte.

There is only one car rental in the area. It is Enterprise Rent-A-Car in Seabrook, TX. I have read on these boards that they have a special for NCL cruisers, so be sure and ask. Also, when you drop the car off on Saturday, they will drive you to the port.

Jana

Archived