Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:26 PM.
Southern Ohio
212 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
I'm not sure if the system is set up fleet wide yet, but on embarkation days for both of our most recent cruises (Glory and Sunshine), our steward introduced himself to us, and gave us a form with allowed us to select either morning service, evening service, or twice daily service. While the twice daily option was clearly available as a selection on the form, one of the stewards (on the Glory) sold once-daily service very hard, and pushed back a bit when I selected twice daily service. I relented, and selects morning service, but most days on both cruises, the cabin was serviced twice daily. JH insists that twice daily service is still the norm, but don't be surprised if your steward tries to convince you to request either morning or evening. For us, twice daily service is nice, but not really needed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[

Add'l Previous Cruises:
Carnival Valor - Exotic Southern, Sept-2014

Carnival Dream - Eastern Caribbean, Oct-2013
Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean, Nov-2012
Carnival Legend - Exotic Western Caribbean, July-2011
Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean, June-2008
RCCL Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas/Key West - Sept-2007
San Diego County
3,562 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Evening turndown service is listed as a cabin amenity on the Carnival website. We like and receive morning service and nightly turndown regardless of what a steward may indicate to the contrary.

ALL THE PERKS. IN EVERY ROOM.

With all this comfort and all these standard features,
you've gotta try real hard to get homesick on a Carnival cruise.

• 24–hour room service
  • 24–hour room steward
  • Soft, cozy linens (Carnival Comfort Collection®)
  • Personal safe for valuables
  • Nightly turndown service
  • Plenty of closet and drawer space
  • Private bathroom and shower
  • Television
  • Individual climate control
  • Telephone
West Melbourne, FL
1,351 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Carnival cutting back on cabin stewards shouldn't have any impact on the passenger's desires. If the steward pushes you toward once a day then it might be time to push back. Call guest Services while he or she is insisting on once a day and let them handle it.
Kennett Square, PA, USA
2,349 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
Yes....Both are available. On my cruise on the Vista...Our steward politely asked if we preferred twice a day or once a day (morning or evening) It didn't appear he cared either way.
Charlotte, NC
11,115 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
The turn down service is a nice touch. It seems all they do, other than turn down the covers, is add a scoop of ice to the bucket, and put a towel animal somewhere. They are not cleaning the bathroom again. But they would remove room service trays and hopefully take away used towel, etc.

Honestly I would be fine without turn down, but it is nice to come back from dinner to a more tidy cabin. So given the option I would choose both services.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
08/18 Carnival Fascination | 04/12 NCL Spirit | 01/11 Carnival Liberty | 08/10 NCL Pride of America | 11/09 Carnival Miracle | 8/08 NCL Pearl | 5/08 NCL Majesty | 3/07 Celebrity Mercury | 9/06 Elation | 3/06 Carnival Valor | 2/05 NCL Majesty | 11/03 Jubilee | 9/01 Holiday
Sunny San Diego
1,789 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
On our last cruise (over a year ago), when we met with the room steward he really tried to sell us hard on the "once a day" service. Yes, twice is an option, but told us repeatedly how it "really wasn't necessary" to have twice a day cabin service. We prefer twice a day and that's what we told him, but he made it awkward. I didn't appreciate that.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2018- Carnival Horizon- 7 night Mediterranean
2016- Carnival Breeze- 7 night Western Caribbean
2016- Carnival Miracle- 7 night Mexican Riveira
2015- Carnival Freedom- 7 night Western Caribbean
2014- Carnival Miracle- 7 night Mexican Riviera
2010- Carnival Spirit- 8 night Exotic Mexican Riviera
2000- Carnival Elation- 7 night Mexican Riviera
2000- Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas- Inaugural cruise

I’m no longer a Warm Chocolate Melting Cake Virgin!
Tennessee GBO!!!
1,371 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
YES, YES, DID I SAY YES...in December we asked for evening service and our steward serviced our room in the morning and we had turn down service..

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2005 Celebration, 2006 Glory, 2007 Legend, 2007 Glory, 2007 Sensation, 2008 Liberty, 2008 Glory, 2010 Dream, 2011 Freedom, 2011 Freedom, 2011 Legend, 2012 Dream, 2012 Dream, 2013 Conquest, 2013 Dream, 2013 Miracle, 2014 Dream, 2014 Legend, 2014 Liberty, 2015 Sunshine, 2015 Valor, 2015 Sunshine (booked) 2016 Valor (booked)
453 Posts
Joined Nov 2016
Your room steward is included in the price of the cruise along with food, cruise director, entertainers, and the muster drill. The cruise line also charges each room a suggested tip for the service.

I would always ask for twice a day service, and I do not hesitate to politely mention any additional service required.

With the current unpleasant need for additional security in hotels, I feel a twice daily visit by staff is better to keep trouble at bay.
204 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Wer always request Twice daily service as we do not reuse towels and shower at least twicew a day when cruising and going on shore excursions. We had a little pushback on the last two but informed the cabin steward we have always received both and will continue to do so and then politely asked for their Business Card. Serviced twice a day no further questions asked.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coolhand
Illinois
1,227 Posts
Joined Aug 2000
Is evening service only a turn down type service, or can once a day be in the evening when they do the entire room? In other words, if we want once a day service only, would it need to be in the morning or could it be in the evening?

Thanks,
Janet
kingston, ny
311 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
Originally posted by sun&sea
Is evening service only a turn down type service, or can once a day be in the evening when they do the entire room? In other words, if we want once a day service only, would it need to be in the morning or could it be in the evening?

Thanks,
Janet
I have been asking for evening service and that is what they did
SoCal Gal
6,509 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Our last cruise the steward offered morning or evening and I asked for both. He looked sad, but that's not my problem. Damned Carnival and their reduction in staff...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Save
1,779 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
I asked for both on the Paradise two weeks ago and did get some push back from the steward. I relented and agreed to towels in the morning and service in the evening. It really is all I need, but I will always miss what steward service was like when I got hooked on cruising.
Carolina Coast
3,879 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
We're tidy in the cabin on cruises. We desire service in the morning and for the evening we want dry towels, ice and the Fun Times.
It would be a deal breaker for us not to get towels and ice in the evening.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Smooth Sailing -- Summersigh
HAL–Ryndam–Alaska 2006 Cunard–QM2–TA 2008 HAL–Westerdam–ECarib-Xmas 2009
CCL–Fascination–Bahamas 2010 RCCL–Enchantment OTS–NE/Can 2011 RRCL-FreedomOTS-WCarib-2012 CCL-Legend-ExoticWest-2013 HAL–Westerdam–EasCarib-2013 RCCL-GrandeurOTS-Bermuda-2014 HAL–Eurodam–WestCarib-2015 CCL-Sunshine-EastCarib-Jan 2016 and-May 2016 HAL–Zuiderdam–PC–Dec 2016 ** 2017 cancelled due to health issues :-( CCL-Elation-Eastern-May 2018 CCL-Breeze-Dec 2018
Ontario, Canada
189 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
On our last cruise, the steward was pushy about twice daily service. I had come prepared. I handed him this and asked if Carnival had changed their terms from the website.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Magic - Western Caribbean - January 2018
Carnival Sunshine - Canada - August 2017
Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean - January 2017
Carnival Sunshine - Western Caribbean - January 2015
Carnival Dream - Western Caribbean - January 2014
Carnival Freedom - Western Caribbean - January 2013
Norwegian Pearl - Pasific Coast Reposition - September 2010
Norwegian Sun - Alaska - June 2005
Baton Rouge
971 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
On our Thanksgiving cruise, our steward met us and gave us the little tick sheet so we could mark our preference. We, of course, selected twice-daily service, and there was no push-back.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises:
11/18/18: NCL Breakaway (Coz, Belize, Harvest Caye, Costa Maya)
5/23/19: NCL Jade (European Cruise)

Past Cruises:
7/28/18: RC Majesty of the Seas (KW, Cuba)
6/10/18: Carnival Dream (MoBay, GC, Cozumel)
11/19/17: Carnival Dream (KW, Freeport, Nassau)
6/3/17: NCL Escape (St Thomas, Tortola, Nassau)
5/28/16: RC Adventure of the Seas
10/26/14: Carnival Dream
11/9/13: Carnival Conquest
10/1/11: Carnival Ecstasy
5/15/11: Carnival Victory
2/7/10: NCL Spirit
3/2/08: NCL Spirit
5/20/07: RC Adventure of the Seas
5/30/04: Carnival Conquest
7/7/02: Carnival Elation
5/27/01: Carnival Destiny