Stroller for 3 year old on Oasis?

My son turns 3 the day we board. It’s a Western itinerary. I’m assuming no stroller will be necessary in Labadee and we will likely not leave the port area in Falmouth. We may have to walk a bit in Cozumel.

I’m leaning against bringing one as it seems unnecessary and cumbersome, though those piers seem quite long and having a place to store the kid or beach bag while I hold the other may make life easier.

I would love to hear from others who have sailed such a large ship with kids in the 2-4 yo range. Will we wish we had a small stroller if we don’t bring one? Or is it really as unnecessary as I suspect?

Thanks!

Personally, I would rather tote a 5lb. umbrella stroller than a cranky 3yr. old that cannot walk around anymore.

What gives you the impression he will be cranky??? It’s like you’ve heard him screaming at me all morning... 😜😜😜

Very good point. You have me sold on the umbrella stroller idea!

I bought an umbrella stroller for traveling, and took it on our first cruise. It was easy to transport; they gate check it on the plane (you drop it off as you walk into the plane and they put it back there when you get off at your destination). It is light, and takes up very little space.

Half my pictures from that cruise are of my toddler sleeping in that stroller at various photo stops in ports. I don’t think you should even consider NOT bringing one. Otherwise you’ll have to head back to the ship every time your kid falls asleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What gives you the impression he will be cranky??? It’s like you’ve heard him screaming at me all morning... 😜😜😜

Very good point. You have me sold on the umbrella stroller idea!

Hahahahaha...I tried sooooo hard not to say..."You'll be sorry"