B2B discount

Edinburghgirl1

thinking of booking our first b2b cruise. Are we likely to offered a discount for doing this and if so how much? We usually book direct with Celebrity and are in UK.

Cannot remember for sure, but our B2B discount was either $100 or $200 per cabin for an A2 US booking - be sure to ask for it.

You will have to ask for it. You might be speaking to someone who immediately understands and arranges it or you may have to ask for a supervisor. It will be £32 per cruise, this amount is less in U.K. than in U.S. but is not negotiable. It will take about 10 days to show on your booking.

Here I should also say that last week I had excellent service from the Celebrity U.K. office when there was a big price drop on our booked cruise and she sorted it out to my entire satisfaction.

Sandra

Definitely ask....we had a small discount the one time we did a back to back...They did give us some extra OBC too, we were booking a suite room (I don’t know if that is why) but no harm asking!

Best two things about a B2B.....

Enjoying your drinks last evening whilst others scurry back to their rooms to put out the luggage...

Standing on your balcony the next morning watching others leave and knowing you are only half way through your cruise!

And....

having the empty ship to yourself for a (brief) time.

In the u.s. EVERYONE has to walk off, the B2B cruisers simply, walk back on and you’re the first on the ship!

In the uk you may not have to even walk off and back on, but the empty ship is a treat.

Is this something new or did I miss the boat, so to speak? We've done a good number of B2Bs, all with no discount. On the two we booked for December, the X agent offered a small benefit on each of the two cruises. It's not enough to get excited about but I do appreciate her offer, as every little bit counts these days

Is this something new or did I miss the boat, so to speak? We've done a good number of B2Bs, all with no discount. On the two we booked for December, the X agent offered a small benefit on each of the two cruises. It's not enough to get excited about but I do appreciate her offer, as every little bit counts these days

What you need is a good TA to whom you can transfer your booking. You are missing out on discounts besides the B/B ones.

thinking of booking our first b2b cruise. Are we likely to offered a discount for doing this and if so how much? We usually book direct with Celebrity and are in UK.

Make sure to request the B2B discount. We do two seven day cruises for our B2B cruises and have received $50.00 per stateroom for each leg of the B2B cruise.

Celebrity MX denied us the discount for Silhouette B2B and Eclipse B2B2B. Different countries different rules, I think depends of the laws of each country that in some the rights of the consumer are protected. They also denied us the cabin upgrade for next Eclipse march 18 when superior CAT cabins are $400 less than I paid for a 2C. This creates a dislike to see that CC members get certain benefits that we can not have.

We have $100 on each 15 day leg. We did not get it when booking on board (useless vacation planner), but I did get it later when I requested the new lower price. As others have said, ask for it. You should get $50 (each cruise) for 7 day B2B and $100 (each cruise) for longer cruises.

You will have to ask for it. You might be speaking to someone who immediately understands and arranges it or you may have to ask for a supervisor. It will be £32 per cruise, this amount is less in U.K. than in U.S. but is not negotiable. It will take about 10 days to show on your booking.

Here I should also say that last week I had excellent service from the Celebrity U.K. office when there was a big price drop on our booked cruise and she sorted it out to my entire satisfaction.

Sandra

Hi Sandra

I didn't realize that you could avail of a price drop in the UK. I thought it was only available in the USA or Canada.

Mary

We booked back to back cruises several years ago and never thought about a discount. They weren't booked as back to back just added the second at a later date. Have back to backs coming up in November again booked a month for so apart. Upon reading this thread I called Celebrity and the rep said that we will get $100 total discount automatically just prior to final payment date.

Hi Sandra

I didn't realize that you could avail of a price drop in the UK. I thought it was only available in the USA or Canada.

Mary

I did not get it at booking. We had booked the first cruise then a few weeks later added the second. All by phone with Celebrity UK.

When I later asked for it the first person did not know anything about it. The next person knew all about it and gave £32 each cruise (per room, not per person) for 8 nights followed by 7 nights. She said that the discount here depended on the length of the cruise as it does in US.

If you book through a TA you will probably have to get them to contact Celebrity to ask for it.

A new invoice followed in about a week.

Not a lot of money but it's there if you ask for it.

Sandra.