Belly Flop Competition!

mrizer7773

I have won 10 of 15 times I have entered. Only once did I not finish in the top 3.

The last couple years they have been emphasizing a little dancing before the jump but the jump is by far most important. I one thing that is most important is to be as horizontal as possible with no bend or pucker at the waist. Have you legs straight and don't have your feet hit before your midsection.

I have won 10 of 15 times I have entered. Only once did I not finish in the top 3.

The last couple years they have been emphasizing a little dancing before the jump but the jump is by far most important. I one thing that is most important is to be as horizontal as possible with no bend or pucker at the waist. Have you legs straight and don't have your feet hit before your midsection.

Any trick to getting selected as a competitor, or is that process fairly easy?

Kudos on the accolades by the way!

I’m 6’1” in the 300lbs class. I have won all but 2 of them. One guy got it because he was in the military and the other won because he was pushing 400lds.!!! They will take the top heaviest 5 to 7 people. It’s all about getting the crowd behind you. Dance like no one is watching. People love to see you make a fool out of yourself!!! And jump. Most people jump and they land in the water with their upper chest or upper thighs hitting first. You need to jump up and out. Get as horizontal as you can and stick you belly out. It will hurt if you do it right :) You only get a medal if you win, so winning isn’t a big deal. I do it because people love a funny show and it makes great videos afterward! Good Luck and Happy Sailing!!!!

I’m 6’1” in the 300lbs class. I have won all but 2 of them. One guy got it because he was in the military and the other won because he was pushing 400lds.!!! They will take the top heaviest 5 to 7 people. It’s all about getting the crowd behind you. Dance like no one is watching. People love to see you make a fool out of yourself!!! And jump. Most people jump and they land in the water with their upper chest or upper thighs hitting first. You need to jump up and out. Get as horizontal as you can and stick you belly out. It will hurt if you do it right :) You only get a medal if you win, so winning isn’t a big deal. I do it because people love a funny show and it makes great videos afterward! Good Luck and Happy Sailing!!!!

And you're having a great time. That's all that matters.

It obviously looks like a ton of fun, however my main motivation might be to slightly embarass my kids! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I'm pushing 200, so was hoping for another advantage, or maybe not many volunteers!

It obviously looks like a ton of fun, however my main motivation might be to slightly embarass my kids! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I'm pushing 200, so was hoping for another advantage, or maybe not many volunteers!

As you leave the platform, push your chest forward, bring your legs back to your butt so you can grab your ankles. You will make a huge and proper belly flop splash/wave when you enter the water.

i've enjoyed my belly flop competitions. Right now i am the 2 time defending champion Allure Easter week cruise. i have been 2nd 4 times. Didn't place on the cruise out of San Juan. The CD seemed to play to the crowd, a kid weighing about 140 was the winner. I'm 73 so my "career" is winding down. Might make this Easter my last one. :D

i've enjoyed my belly flop competitions. Right now i am the 2 time defending champion Allure Easter week cruise. i have been 2nd 4 times. Didn't place on the cruise out of San Juan. The CD seemed to play to the crowd, a kid weighing about 140 was the winner. I'm 73 so my "career" is winding down. Might make this Easter my last one. :D

Living legend right here folks! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

That’s the best reason I’ve heard yet:D You’ll be surprised on how many people won’t do it! If by chance you don’t get picked. And you really want to embarrass your kids. Take them to the pool after the contest and just start belly flopping by yourself! That may be more embarrassing:p Let us know how it turns out. Best of luck and have fun!

On Serenade last week, they only did one round and didn't use the Hurt Box. The Activities Manager (hosting) was asked and said they aren't allowed to use it anymore, with a veiled reference to an "incident". Is this limited to Serenade or fleet wide?

It was used on the Liberty 2 weeks ago.