Vista/Horizon Mongolian Wok/Pasta Bar Question...

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:42 AM.
86 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Can you take it to go? If one person in our family wants this but the rest want burgers, can they take it down to Lido like it used to be on the buffet? Or does it have to be eaten in there...
Tallahassee , FL
15,253 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
On the Vista, JiJi's is the Mongolian Wok at lunch. So there are steep stairs to go down and a line that will stretch down them. Stairs are in a slightly different place from the Lido than on the Dream and Breeze. There is an elevator too but you could hike up and down the stairs twice over waiting for the elevator.

As I recall the deck plans for the Horizon have a similar setup
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Inspiration, January 2006
Carnival Sensation, February 2007
Carnival
Carnival Legend, May 2009
Carnival Dream, January 2010
Carnival Dream, May 2010
Carnival Dream, June 2011
Carnival Liberty April 2012
Carnival Breeze, November 2012
Carnival Valor,January, 2016
Carnival,Vista,January,2017
RCCL, Oasis of the Seas,January 2018
86 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Originally posted by crewsweeper
On the Vista, JiJi's is the Mongolian Wok at lunch. So there are steep stairs to go down and a line that will stretch down them. Stairs are in a slightly different place from the Lido than on the Dream and Breeze. There is an elevator too but you could hike up and down the stairs twice over waiting for the elevator.

As I recall the deck plans for the Horizon have a similar setup
No I get that! Just wondering if you have to sit at a Table in JiJis or you can take it out with you!
Ontario, CA (The one WITH the Palm Trees!)
24,424 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
You can.
But don’t if the dishes are special. Takes a long time for the dishes to get back to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Southern NJ near Philly
7,952 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Originally posted by SadieN
You can.
But don’t if the dishes are special. Takes a long time for the dishes to get back to them.
Easily solved by swinging past the buffet first and picking up a large plate or bowl and then the OP can join their family down on Lido after transferring the food from Jiji's or Cucina onto the Lido appropriate plate or bowl.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian Bliss 2/2/19 Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Horizon 8/24/19 Southern Caribbean
Celebrity Edge 1/5/20 Western Caribbean
32 Trips 26 Ships 7 Cruise Lines 40 Ports
Atlanta, GA
2,499 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Originally posted by nyroadrunner
Can you take it to go? If one person in our family wants this but the rest want burgers, can they take it down to Lido like it used to be on the buffet? Or does it have to be eaten in there...
Another option would be to have your people get their Guy's burgers and join you in JiJi's or in the Cucina. Unless they are very busy, they shouldn't have a problem with this (and on Vista, neither location was that busy during lunch). We asked first, and they were fine with it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Magic, 10/07/2018 -- great itinerary and a new ship class to explore!
Independence of the Seas, 2/1/2018 -- 70,000 Tons of Metal music cruise, 60 bands, 4 stages!
Carnival Vista, 10/1/2017 -- with 6 friends, new ship and first time to Grand Cayman! My Cruise Critic Review
Independence of the Seas, 2/2/2017 -- 70,000 Tons of Metal music cruise, third year "survivor"!
Carnival Conquest 10/9/2016 -- HMC (missed), Amber Cove and Grand Turk.My Cruise Critic review
Independence of the Seas, 2/04/2016 -- 70,000 Tons of Metal music cruise, second-year "survivor"!
Carnival Conquest, 10/12/2015 -- Nassau, HMC (missed) and Grand Turk -- Columbus Day escape
Liberty of the Seas, 1/22/2015, 70,000 Tons of Metal music cruise, my first time and it was amazing!
Carnival Freedom, 10/13/2014, HMC, Grand Turk and Nassau -- two faves and one meh port
Carnival Victory, 10/14/2013, HMC, Nassau and Grand Turk -- good inexpensive getaway!
Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1933799
Carnival Liberty, 9/29/2012, HMC (missed), St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk -- great 7-day itinerary! Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1721966
Carnival Imagination, 1/30/2012, Key West, Cozumel -- birthday cruise and mom's anniversary cruise! Review: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...?EntryID=96886
RCCL's Majesty of the Seas, 10/25/2010, Nassau, Key West, Cococay -- first cruise and hooked on cruising!