Self serve laundry on Princess

Noreen411

Hi

A friend at work will be sailing on Princess to the Baltic’s with her family including two young children. She leaves in a few weeks.

She doesn’t remember what ship she is going on but thinks it’s a 12 night cruise and includes Russia.

Do they have self service laundry or just send out laundry?

I have only cruised Royal Caribbean and Celebrity so didn’t know but figured my friends on cruise critic would know the answer.

Thank you in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

they 'should' have - have your friend check the deck plans for her specific ship ...

$3 wash, $ 3 dry - use your cruise card to get tokens

I know they have detergent - but my wife brings our own pods and dryer sheets...

Pro tip - if you 'know' you are going to be doing laundry...get your tokens early as posters have stated the token machines were either out or out of service and they had to go down to customer service to get the tokens...

We do kind of fill up the dryer and typically stuff is still a bit damp so we will hang things around the cabin so they completely dry.

Also we try and go about 8 am when it opens or otherwise have had to wait for machines

Waiting for machines varies greatly. I've walked in and had availability at all sorts of hours; on other occasions, I'd have to wait while a machine finished. Some rooms have 2 sets of machines, others have 4.

Waiting for machines varies greatly. I've walked in and had availability at all sorts of hours; on other occasions' date=' I'd have to wait while a machine finished. Some rooms have 2 sets of machines, others have 4.[/quote']

Never understood why tokens are so often in short supply. Quite a few times we had to wander the ship to find them in other laundry rooms.

Never understood why tokens are so often in short supply. Quite a few times we had to wander the ship to find them in other laundry rooms.

Don't wander from room to room. If the room where you want to do your laundry lacks tokens, go to Passenger Services where they will happily sell you some.

They should also put in a call so the machine gets re-stocked.

Don't wander from room to room. If the room where you want to do your laundry lacks tokens' date=' go to Passenger Services where they will happily sell you some.

They should also put in a call so the machine gets re-stocked.[/quote']

If the machines can debit your onboard account, then the machines and send an email to guest services requesting more tokens.

they 'should' have - have your friend check the deck plans for her specific ship ...

$3 wash, $ 3 dry - use your cruise card to get tokens

I know they have detergent - but my wife brings our own pods and dryer sheets...

An alternative to pods are laundry detergents sheets (LG laundry detergent sheets on Amazon). I tried the detergents sheets on a recent cruise and they worked great. They're really portable as they lay flat, so you can just put a few sheets in a ziploc bag - and you can use them for handwashing clothes as well. You can also cut the sheets to control how much you use.

An alternative to pods are laundry detergents sheets (LG laundry detergent sheets on Amazon). I tried the detergents sheets on a recent cruise and they worked great. They're really portable as they lay flat, so you can just put a few sheets in a ziploc bag - and you can use them for handwashing clothes as well. You can also cut the sheets to control how much you use.

That's what I use...the Purex 3 in 1 sheets. Work great!

For anyone looking, Purex 3 in one sheets are no longer manufactured. You may find some for sale, but once a store is out, they're gone.

And about the machines sending a message that they are out of tokens....the IT people are too busy to set that up. They are all on the Regal trying to get ***** to work!

Also we try and go about 8 am when it opens or otherwise have had to wait for machines

Try to avoid Sundays as that is when many Europeans like to do their laundry and it may be hard to find an available machine.

Try to avoid Sundays as that is when many Europeans like to do their laundry and it may be hard to find an available machine.

Getting their at about 8 am has worked for us. Better still after three more cruises we will let Princess take care of it for us:)

On our last cruise which was a 28 Day Hawaii, Samoa & Fr. Poly. cruise, I did most of the laundry while I told my wife to take a nap. Out of the 6 times doing laundry, only 1 time did I see a lady doing the laundry. All of the other times it was anywhere from 2 to 4 guys doing the work and most of the time there were 3 of us. (Often the same fellows.) We all found it saved time if you went down to the Pursers Desk first for Tokens rather than trying to get them from the dispenser which usually just took your bills.

But the TV worked and helped to pass the time. Several times some of the wives would stop in to tell their husband where they were off to, mine included which was usually Bingo!

Just Mike

1295190040_OntheEmerald.jpg.0853702718913ac4a2bd9d49817925c8.jpg

When you go to do laundry, take your cell phone with you. Set the timer on the phone to let you know when you need to be back to remover your clothes from the machine as soon as it stops. No one wants to wait to use a machine that has finished but not been emptied because the owner is too inconsiderate of others to be there when it finishes.

Good info! :D

My question is: are there choices of water temps - I like to wash some items in cold water?

There is a cold water setting, but no tap water on the ship is ever truly cold. It's tepid at best and sometimes lukewarm.

When you go to do laundry, take your cell phone with you. Set the timer on the phone to let you know when you need to be back to remover your clothes from the machine as soon as it stops. No one wants to wait to use a machine that has finished but not been emptied because the owner is too inconsiderate of others to be there when it finishes.

What if you don't have a cell phone?