Selling a cruise

simonpjd

Something has come up and we may have to cancel a cruise. Is it allowed to sell our booking at maybe half price to anyone so at least we wouldn’t lose everything.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have seen a website called Transfer Travel(not sure where it is based but someone is trying to sell a P annd O cruise and states that P and O have agreed to this via a Name change(s).I suggest you contact P and O (or your TA if booked through one) to see if this is possible.Out of interest what is the date and Itinerary of the cruise? Good Luck!

Extract from the T and Cs which may be of interest.

12. In clauses 12, 13 and 14, “another person” means another person who satisfies all conditions applicable to the Package. A Package may be transferred to another person provided that the Guest consults with P&O Cruises prior to purporting to transfer the Package (so that, for example,

P&O Cruises may require that the Package is transferred to someone on its wait list) and P&O Cruises receives the transfer request at least 4 days before the scheduled departure date. In the case of Guests booked under a P&O Cruises Early Saver or Saver fare, all transfers of a Package to another person under this clause 12 will be subject to an administration charge of £20. Guests booked under the P&O Cruises Select Price will not be required to pay an administration charge.

Hi Ann, I was in a similar situation in May. I used transfertravel.com and they helped me find a buyer for my unwanted flights and transfer all the booking details. The live chat on their website was extremely helpful!

At first I tried selling my flight via different social media outlets but I didn’t have much luck. This site was great and I managed to recoup the majority of the original cost.

all the best, Peter

Hi Ann, I was in a similar situation in May. I used transfertravel.com and they helped me find a buyer for my unwanted flights and transfer all the booking details. The live chat on their website was extremely helpful!

At first I tried selling my flight via different social media outlets but I didn’t have much luck. This site was great and I managed to recoup the majority of the original cost.

all the best, Peter

Thats encouraging to hear if i need it for the future.I think until fairly recently you could only change one name on a P and O cruise but recently they have said both names can be changed.