Tours in Nassau

smokester

Which tours have you chosen to do that are wheelchair accessible? Uncle would love to go w/ the group, so we would like to pick something that we know will be accessible for him. If we have to "pick" him up & put him into the water ourselves, we will be able to. We just need to be assured that if we pick a snorkling one that his chair will fit on the boat. Any advice would be great!!

Which tours have you chosen to do that are wheelchair accessible? Uncle would love to go w/ the group, so we would like to pick something that we know will be accessible for him. If we have to "pick" him up & put him into the water ourselves, we will be able to. We just need to be assured that if we pick a snorkling one that his chair will fit on the boat. Any advice would be great!!

If you can find one, good luck. Last year, after our Service Dog group lit a fire under HAL excursions department, I found a ship-sponsored excursion to Atlantis and rode a water taxi to Atlantis (they carried my scooter aboard the WT while I hung onto my Service Dog), after finding no other excursions that were accessible. At the end of the tour they refused to bring me back from Atlantis on the return water taxi...Luckily the WT business office (in Nassau) managed to dig up a taxi van with scooter-sized room in the back (which proves that they do exist in Nassau) and I managed to get back to the ship but it was close. If you cannot succeed in lighting a fire under the toes of the Shore Excursion desk for equal access to excursions, you'll have to book trips on your own...a dangerous thing...especially since it is the usual cruise ship policy to leave you behind if you're late back from a non-ship sponsored excursion...

Archived