Windsurf January 29

emilee

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Emilee

yes we will also be on the SB cruise from Barbados on 29th jan...there will be 4 of us..Vance and me have sailed with Windsurf before but for my sister Anne and her husband Bill it will be the first time...

we were on WS about 10 years ago...so it's probably changed loads...we swapped to SeaDream and SeaBourn in recent years...but we really enjoyed being under sail so thought it was time we returned...

I see we don't leave port until midnight which is great for us coming from the UK as if there is a delay (heaven forbid!!) we still have plenty of time to get to the ship...last time we had to get to Barbados the day before as the ship left at 6.30pm (I think) and UK flights arrived at 3.00pm...so not much leeway...

look forward to meeting you on board...

xxH

Hi Emilee

Wow so you have got your tickets already...we were told about 2 weeks before is usual and as of yet do not know which stateroon we will be in...delay could be because we booked through Virgin and also have a week on the beach to look forward to afterwards...did you book direct with Windstar?...

but time flies so quickly at this time of the year that it will be time to go before we know it...am already starting to choose clothes for the trip...it's great that it's informal or should I say casually elegant...no need for any posh frocks and all the bits that go with them...

we are not great fans of organised excursions...tend to do our own thing...which is usually a walk to the nearest town or beach, then find a place to sit and watch the world go by...we love people watching ...but as the itinery has 3 places we have not yet visited on our travels..Tobago/Grenada/Dominica...we will see what WindSurf has to offer...

xxH

Hi Helen,

We booked through our regular travel agent. Good idea to stay a week afterwards. We are going a few days early so we should be well rested by the time we leave. Agree it will be nice not to need formal wear.

We usually make our arrangements for excursions on our own. We are really looking forward to this trip because other than Barbados we have only been to Dominica (which was very pretty) so there are many new places to discover.

Take care, Emilee

Hi Emilee

I see we don't leave port until midnight which is great for us coming from the UK as if there is a delay (heaven forbid!!) ...

We had a delay coming into Barbados for a midnight sailing. We landed at 2320 and got to the ship at 0015. It was still there and waiting for the planeload of guests.

However, upon boarding I think I felt a wind on my backside from the gangway. :)

Archived