First Timer

Honeymoon'n

This is my first time using this...Cruise Critic...so forgive me if I do this wrong icon_wink.gif What I am wondering is if anyone can give me some input on what to definately remember to bring on the Alaskan cruise my (then husband) and I are taking for our honeymoon. I will remember the basics of camera, videocamera, etc. but what about the things we probably won't think of? We are going in the middle of August. So if anyone has any input that would be great. I have a few more questions but I think those go under different categories. Thanks for reply icon_smile.gif

~honeymoon'n~

Welcome to the boards and your first cruise. Alaska is an absolutely beautiful cruise, you certainly will enjoy it.

In Alaska, please don't forget your binnoculars. Also, Alaskan weather can be iffy, bring some of those nylon pants and jackets, those are good because they dry quickly. I also would dress in layers, it could be cold in the morning, but could warm up in the afternoon, so having layers on, you can shed some of those clothes if you need to, or add.

Any other questions, please ask away.

A lined raincoat...(should not need anything heavier!).... and a hat and gloves.

Congratulations! I know you are having a big time with all of the planning!

Boo's Mom

Even the winds and the waves obey him!

Matthew 8:27

I would bring a polartec fleece, either one that zips up the front or one that goes over your head. It can be chilly in the morning and evening. Polartec dries very quickly if you get wet. Also, you might want to think about getting some seabands to prevent motion sickness. Most of the time the ship was fine but we had one morning and one evening where we felt a little nauseous from the motion of the boat. Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived