Best online site for cruise deals

Nancyk529

Help! I have been to several sites and have found several different prices for the same cruise! I am looking seriously at the Carnival Fascination from Miami on August 2-6. I have found the cheapest to be $348 (port incl.) Any place cheaper? If the price goes down can I get it for the lower price? Should I wait to book as we get closer to August?

Cruise.com is the largest internet-based cruise broker. I just booked with them after A LOT of searching and price comparison. Today, MSNBC.com had an article that said cruise.com is among the top 15 cruise brokers in the U.S. They also said that cruise.com guarantees to be cheaper than anyone, including the cruise line, or you get a percentage off. However, I could not find rates cheaper. AND, when I confirmed the booking with Royal Caribbean, I found out we had been upgraded for free!

Don't wait to book! If you wait too long, the cheaper cabins might sell out. That happened to me last time. :-( This time, I didn't wait and another couple who wanted to go with us did. A few days meant $250 more for the same cabin per person. Yikes!

Since you know the exact date and ship, go to cruisedirect.com. Tell them the rates you've found and what you're trying to beat. Within 24 hours, they'll tell you if they can beat that or not. They let me know that cruise.com's price was as good as it would get in my circumstances.

If the price goes down, if you've booked with the cruise line, they generally give you the lower rate. If you book with a broker, it might be difficult. Good luck!

Thank you all for the advice. I will try cruise.com. If I book with a cruise line and find it cheaper online, will the line honor any valid price I find? Would this be a more economical way to go? Help! again!!!

I don't have too much experience with Carnival, but I just booked with Royal caribbean directly after searching on line for prices and found theirs to be cheaper. Also, after checking on line, I found my cruise went down $50 pp and so I called the line and they took it off my balance (final payment is not due til June) I will keep checking and keep calling if the price continues to go down.

Sandi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nancyk529:

Help! I have been to several sites and have found several different prices for the same cruise! I am looking seriously at the Carnival Fascination from Miami on August 2-6. I have found the cheapest to be $348 (port incl.) Any place cheaper? If the price goes down can I get it for the lower price? Should I wait to book as we get closer to August?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This thread saved me $250! Yesterday I went to cruise.com to compare prices for the NCL Spirit (Alaska, 6/12/04). NCL had quoted me $2220 for the lowest balcony category, but I booked with cruise.com for $1980 total cabin price - at two categories higher.

Thanks!!

Carnival Fantasy (??) 12/90

RCCL 9/92

Carival Ecstasy 9/2002

NCL Spirit 6/2004

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked with smartcruiser.com they beat everyones prices.But read the fine print.Most charge you for any changes you make.So make sure to read everything on each site you get a quote from then compare them.Janerd

• 1 month later...

Here's another vote for cruisequick.

Booked my last three cruises with them.

Too bad I booked my previous ten with other agencies, I could have saved ALOT of money!

90% of the time they can beat everyone's pricing.

They honor coupons and they give price reductions after final payment.

Donna

Let me throw one out. Cheapertravel

I'm using them for the second time. Both times they beat every other online company. May as well give it a shot.

1/1990 - RCCL Song of America

4/13/2003 - Carnival Inspiration

10/30/2004 - Maasdam

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0924ff&cdt=2004;10;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Till sailing on the Maasdam

I swear by *****.com - absolutely wonderful, and there is no pressure to buy! We got our Panama Canal Cruise including a balcony, port taxes, charges, fees, airfare, and insurance for about $200 less than RCCL's published price for just the cruise.

I doesn't hurt to try it out!

7/02 NCL Wind - Alaska (honeymoon)

7/03 NCL Star -Hawaii (1st anniversary)

10/04 RCI Legend - Panama Canal (just because it's there)

I also booked with cruise.com and got a really good deal. I have used them before and everything ran very smooothly. Several long time members swear by *****.com. I went to their website and it compares cruise.com,cruise411, and a number of other highly discounted websites and tells you the cheapest price out there. It sounds like they do all of the footwork for you and you get the best price possible. You might want to check them out. I've literally spent days searching websites for really cheap cruises and cruise.com is hard to beat. But if *****.com compares cruise.com and all of the other websites out there you might as well use them. I hope this helped!

I've booked 2 times with cruise.com and 2 times with cruisesonly.com

They beat everyone's prices and have been efficient in every aspect.

I did book my upcoming cruise at www.skymilescruises.com You can now get Delta Sky Miles for cruising. Super rates too. It's worth a look.

Good luck to you!

Caribbean Princess 11/27/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;27;10;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Celebrity Summit Photos

http://community.webshots.com/user/ddepace7

Celebrity Summit 2004, Star Princess 2003, Carnival Triumph 2002, RCCL Enchantment of the Seas 2001, Carnival Ecstasy 2000, Norwegian Majesty 1998, Carnival Ecstasy 1998, Grandeur of the Seas 1997, Regal Princess 1995, Carnival Holiday 1993, Emerald Seas 1991, Dolphin 1990, Britannis 1989

• 2 weeks later...

For our last two cruises, we have used cruiseweb.com. They are very friendly and helpful and quick to answer any questions you may have. Our TA Beth was very helpful in finding us adjoining rooms for our family of 4 at a great price. You might try there and good luck!

Archived