What is minimum age on cruise lines?

Heavens

A few senior friends of my d's are thinking about a cruise for their sr trip from HS. What is min age for being in a cabin? Do they need a chaparonne? Is this a safe way for them to travel? Should they stay away from certain lines, like Carnival? Don't want them to be on a swinging singles cruise. Thanks for your help...

Princess and Disney will allow 18-year-olds to be in their own cabin. All other lines require 21 minimum. Chaperone requirements vary by line.

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

It used to be that they allowed kids 18 and older to cruise alone, but because of the problems of drunkeness and destruction of property due mostly to high school seniors, and a couple of mishaps like a kid falling overboard and some sexual assaults, with the exception of Disney and Princess, you have to be 21 to cruise without a guardian aged 25 or older in a room with the underage persons. Princess isn't a party line and tends to attract an older crowd and Disney attracts the Mickey Mouse loving families and lots of little kids.

Darcie

Thanks for the info. Think I will call Princess and ask about their policies. This would be a group of girls, maybe 10, traveling together. Don't think they would get too rowdy. We are considering sending an older girl chaperone just to make sure that someone is there keeping and eye on things and to ease our minds while they are gone.

They have these companies that come to the HS and offer these week long trips to the kids to Mexico with chapparones, but the supervision on these trips is very loose. That is my understanding. We thought a cruise might be a "safer" solution.

The girls will be fine on their cruise. They will have a ball. I know my three kids do.

(Carnival is fine also) Carnival does not allow that age to sail unless all are over 21 or someone in the room (each cabin) is over 25.

Just let the girls know that although they are on a ship things can and will happen. Just keep their heads about them and they should be ok. THere is a lot of information here on cruise critic that they should read. Some ports are safer then others.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Teen agers cruising alone can be difficult for the parents icon_wink.gif On the cruise ship they are in a "closed" environment, but on shore is another story. They would have to be very aware of their surroundings. I would be sure an older person with a good head on their shoulders would be traveling with the girls.

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

Archived