Including air/cruise info in luggage

RumRunner01

Hi all. I remember reading several times to make sure you include your air and cruise intinerary in your checked luggage so it can "follow" you if it gets lost. I have printed up the info but where in the luggage do you put it? Lay it on top of clothes inside? Put it in an outside pocket or inside pocket? I'm concerned about laying it on top inside since the TSA always makes a shambles of my luggage.

And while we are on the topic, I also read about others who put a nice note to the TSA thanking them for doing their job and that minimized the rifling through. I'm concerned since my last trip they rifled through and did not put things back and an expensive Mayan mask I carefully packed got broken.

Thanks!

Adventure of the Seas 05/02/04

I put one in the front pocket and one on top. The one on top should say the thank you. I also say have a good day.

Mine got opened once and everything was put back in fairly good order. I use zip lock bags and roll my clother. I was asked once about needles in my bag (I'm diabetic). Showed them my braclet and note. No problem.

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

I create a business size card that fits in the outside luggage tag. I include my name/address as well as flight #s, ship name/cabin #/in case of emergency # and itinerary.

I also put one inside the suitcase, usually inside a zipper-mesh area. You can even paper-clip it.

Overkill? Naw, just over-excited icon_biggrin.gif

Nancy

Mariner 9/12/2004

Heading south: countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;09;11;10;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Our "Parrothead" Site

Monarch of the Seas 3/29/04

Costa Mediterranea 12/14/03

Sovereign of the Seas 9/21/03

I put ours in a ziplock bag then pinned it to the mesh on the inside lid. That way it was somewhat protected from tearing but was right where it would be noticed. I also put extra cable ties in to help the reseal our luggage after cutting open the ties.

Nancy,

How do you get all that info on a business card?

LindaKE

Sun Princess(Alaska)

Carnival Inspiration

I DO NOT DO THIS!!! I think it unsafe to have my itinerary or other travel info so readily accessible to anyone who cares to look. I also do not use my home address on my tags. I used my business cards for luggage tags on my last cruise/trip and then gave my receptionist my full itinerary in case she gets a call about misplaced luggage. I have also previously used my parents address and they had my info.

Holly

M/S Boheme 11/69

Rhapsody 2/77?

Azure Sea 3/89

Panama Canal 11/90

Mexican Riviera 3/98

Carnival Triumph 12/99

Carnival Spirit 12/01

NCL Dream 11/17/02

Celebrity Mercury 6/1/03

carnival Victory 3/28/04

icon_wink.gif Luggage

Before we retired a number of years we were able to use husband's work address for that part of the information.

But we can no longer do that.

And since we have absolutely no relatives we have to use our own address. Our best friends live next door so to use their address is not an option. All of other friends live to far away for us to use their addresses. If anything would happen to our luggage and was sent to them it would be a hassel to get it back.

We do put all clothing in plastic bags - have done this for nearly 40 years. Makes it easy to unpack. Husband's clothes have their plastic bags and I have my own. Once we get onto the ship all we have to do is pop the bags into the drawers and we are ready to sail. Takes less time to unpack.

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Archived