What table size do you prefer?

snshn3

On our last cruise (our honeymoon) we requested and got a table for two, but half way through the trip we were bored and wished we could have been on a larger table in order to interact with other cruisers.

So for our next cruise we requested a large table. Who knows maybe we will make friends with other couples!

Brilliance of the Seas, RCCL 6/17/05 - Mediterranean
Enchantment of the Seas, RCCL, 11/01 - Eastern Caribbean
Tropicale, Carnival 08/99 - Western Caribbean

I like a table for six best. I love my wife, but we see each other and can talk to each other every day. With a table of four you may wind up with a couple that you don't hit it off with. In a table of eight you can feel left out if you're on the end. So I like a table of six. If you don't hit it off with one couple you have another and it's not too large that you can't have conversation with everyone involved.

1/1990 - RCCL Song of America
4/13/2003 - Carnival Inspiration
10/30/2004 - Maasdam

We prefer a table for eight but we've also had a good time when there were just six of us.

Our worst experience was on a short cruise. We had a table for eight--but only one other couple showed up the four nights. We did not hit it off. I can't imagine why the cruise line would have assigned us such a polar opposite couple. We were in our 30s and on our second cruise. They were in their 70s and on their 20th-something cruise. We called them Fred and Ethel--but the real Fred and Ethel would have been more fun.

We like a large table. We've enjoyed the company of all of our tablemates, some more than others, of course.

Some we've chosen to spend lots of time with, and with some we're just cordial at dinner.

We're not very judgmental about other people, don't care if tablemates are close to us in age or if we have a lot in common. We always figure that we have at least this cruise in common, and can always talk about that.

We like a table for 2. Cruising is our down-time and we enyoy eating alone, which is something that never happens when we're home.

RCI Majesty of the Seas 06/05/2000
RCI Enchantment of the Seas 12/09/2001
Carnival Conquest 12/01/2002
Norwegian Dawn 11/30/2003
Norwegian Star to Alaska 6/26/05

Life is too short to be unhappy!

At *least* 6.

[B]Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas[/B]
[img]http://img64.photobucket.com/albums/v196/tef43/almamater.jpg[/img]
Eleven cruises so far. Up next:
Shhhh, it's a surprise!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;9;7;10;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
And then:
Carnival Spirit 12/10/05 Mexican Riviera
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;12;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
Perhaps something else as well. Watch this space.

[I]Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.[/I]

We like tables for 8.
One thing that we do is never sit in the same seat each night. Gives us a chance to get to know everyone at the table and makes the waiter, asst. waiter, and somelier get to know us by sight rather than where we sit.

Zenith-Western Caribbean-6/92
Zenith-Eastern Caribbean-6/93
Century-Maiden Voyage-12/95
Galaxy-Southern Caribbean-11/99
Mercury-Northbound Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic-9/01
Horizon-Western Caribbean - Adults only cruise-11/02
Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic 10/26/03
Century - Western Caribbean 1/31/04

I am like almost everyone on this post. Six or eight is the right size. We have met more interesting people and like it was said that if you did not like one couple you always had someone else to talk too.

Marilyn

We like the bigger tables also. Six or eight, we would never want to try a talbe for four! Toorsiky, Mind you, now with personal choice dining there is no such thing as getting stcuk with bad talbe mates for more than one meal!! We love p.c.!

For us perfection is a ROUND table of 8...great for conversation. Find lately moving to different seats each night is super too! We have more than 40 years together and spend plenty of 24/7 (especially with early retirement![img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]), so a table for 2 would be boringgggg...we're heard ALL of each other's stories!! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Archived