Rental Cars with shuttle to pier

sandyneck

Avis does, they have a location at the port, just at the end. When we left on Explorer, it was a short walk to the Avis location.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
...left until Navigator of the Seas 11/13/04

Budget and National [B]DO NOT[/B] shuttle to the pier in MIA from any location. the 800 reservation people say yes but if you call the location direct they say not available. I had to cancel reservations with both for my 3/28 Victory cruise. I ended up using Alamo and they were great & CHEAP. I did have an Entertainment coupon and got a midsize for $30/day + taxes and fees that totaled $70 for the 2 days. Saved that much on our air (leving on Fri vs Sun), ability to book hotel away from the downtown area or airport area (much cheaper) and cruiseline transfer. Plus had the advantage of being able to be a tourist & shop for stuff daughter forgot to pack while in FL the 1 1/2 day early.

Holly

M/S Boheme 11/69
Rhapsody 2/77?
Azure Sea 3/89
Panama Canal 11/90
Mexican Riviera 3/98
Carnival Triumph 12/99
Carnival Spirit 12/01
NCL Dream 11/17/02
Celebrity Mercury 6/1/03
carnival Victory 3/28/04

Hmm,sorry about that, guess things have changed since I was last there. Here is a link to the [url="http://www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/portofmiami/directory_transportation.asp"]Port of Miami website[/url] where they list several car rental agencies nearby

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
...left until Navigator of the Seas 11/13/04

Sandy,
I just booked over the internet and asked thru their contact us. Also, I had done them previously. Are you sure you are calling the right location. The Alamo rental is off-site at MIA. It is about 20 min to/from the pier once the shuttle leaves. They run shuttles to/from pier on sailing days on a regular and frequent basis and have done this for years. We never waited more than 10 min. in either direction.

Holly

M/S Boheme 11/69
Rhapsody 2/77?
Azure Sea 3/89
Panama Canal 11/90
Mexican Riviera 3/98
Carnival Triumph 12/99
Carnival Spirit 12/01
NCL Dream 11/17/02
Celebrity Mercury 6/1/03
carnival Victory 3/28/04

Archived