Caviar?

upscalecruiser

I am looking into taking a cruise again.

I was on Wind Star last time in 1998 but can't remember if they charged for Caviar. It may have changed in the meantime................

Could anyone tell me if they do and how much they charge?

I have also sailed Seabourn and SeaDream, SeaDream charged $ 28 for an ounce of caviar.

Thanks

Upscalecruiser

Caviar was not part of my experience on Wind Spirit last March; no one asked for it and it wasn't served. The Caviar competition, with people serving it in the water and what not seems part of the Seabourne v. Sea Dream v. Silverseas competition, and I understand there is some question these days as to the type of caviar being served. It's a bizarre status symbol IMO, and not worth the fuss; now Foie gras? That's another story.

I didn't not seen anyone order it or see it on a menu during our summer cruise of Windsurf. Of course, I wasn't looking for it as we took care of that craving separately. EXCEPT, for the breakfast of caviar our second to last day. I have to be honest I didn't go in a look at what they had as I had a HUGE hangover that morning and the thought of any food made me gag. But my mom could not stop raving about the breakfast and went back in and ate both mine and my husband's worth of it.

God, of all nights to over-indulgence, we picked the wrong one. We will not make that mistake again.

Archived