Overnight Port Visits

rickie

Are there any cruise's that stay overnight in port? Just back from our first cruise and loved it, but not enough time in each port. Would love to find a cruise that stayed overnight or left late night. Thanks for any info.

Rickie

I agree with Peter: the Panama Canal intinerary on Celebrity's Millennium (or others) stayed untill midnight in Aruba and the RCI's LOS stayed in Maui overnight.

Most of the places in the Caribbean are not that popular that too many people will want to stay overnight and the ship only moves about 20 to 23 knots per hour so it has to keep on moving to cover its intended distance.

I have been on a river cruise in Europe and there is more of a chance to stay in some places overnight.

Wes

We stayed overnight in Acapulco on the Dawn Princess. NCL Star will be starting a new itinerary to the Mexican Riviera which will also include an overnight in Acapulco. It's a city you have to experience at night to really appreciate.

Karen

Carnival Inspiration-So Carib

RCCL Grandeur of the Seas-East Carib

NCL Sun-West Carib

Dawn Princess-Mexican Riviera

up next- NCL Star to Mexico!

Most Bermuda cruises spend several days at the island. They may move from city to city, but you can always get back to the ship by bus or cab. Also ships stay for 2 days in St. Petersburg, Russia, but I'm not sure you want to be out bar hopping in St. Pete at 3 am!

Archived