Which Houston airport is closer to port??

guenth2

Thanks, Does anyone know how long it takes to drive from Galveston Port to Hobby airport?? Debbie from Missouri

30-45 mins from Hobby to Galveston. I lived in Galveston for the 1st 18 yrs of my life and then for 1.5 years after college. Hobby is way closer, but about 50 miles. Hobby is also much smaller and less confusing.

Hobby is the airport Southwest flies out of which would likely be your cheapest flight to St Louis.

Both Hobby (HOU) and George Bush (IAH) are located on I-45. You catch I-45 right there in Galveston and head north for either airport. Not sure which direction you are traveling home to St Louis, but if it's up I-45 then either airport would be very convenient.

jrchvatal - IAH is easily accessed of both I - 59 (exit Will Clayton) or I-45 (exit JFK) near Beltway. Both are about equal distance from the freeway to the airport. Unfortunately my husband and I are required to travel weekly for business so make this trip frequently and alter which way we go depending on traffic conditions, etc....

• 2 weeks later...
jrchvatal - IAH is easily accessed of both I - 59 (exit Will Clayton) or I-45 (exit JFK) near Beltway. Both are about equal distance from the freeway to the airport. .

Right, Bush(IAH) is between I-45 and Highway 59. Going to Galveston I find it easier(and faster) to go Will Clayton to 59 to I-45 South.

Agreed. I was just thinking for people not from this area that it is a direct exit off of 59, whereas for 45, you would have to exit the Beltway then to JFK. I live on the east side of town, so I'm more familiar with Will Clayton, than JFK.

Archived