A good bottle...

magic1

My wife and I have taken 15 cruises and we started a tradition on the first one that was a accident. We were given an expense bottle of champagne as a bon voyage gift and we poped it as the ship was leaving port as a toast. From then on we have done the same thing every cruise. Just the two of us. Even if we are cruising with our kids or family and friends, my wife and I pop a cork on a nice champagne and toast our lives together.

It's the hard liquor they confiscate. Most cruise lines allow you to bring on (during embarkation only) a bottle or two of wine/champagne for personal consuption in your cabin, or to bring to the dining room and have served with your dinner for an uncorking fee.

Home Lines Atlantic 7/88; Cunard Countess 6/89; Costa Rivera 6/90; Explorer of the Seas 8/02; Adventure of the Sea 8/03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;6;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 till the Carnival Miracle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
My wife and I have taken 15 cruises and we started a tradition on the first one that was a accident. We were given an expense bottle of champagne as a bon voyage gift and we poped it as the ship was leaving port as a toast. From then on we have done the same thing every cruise. Just the two of us. Even if we are cruising with our kids or family and friends, my wife and I pop a cork on a nice champagne and toast our lives together.

My wife and experienced our first cruise last year and capped it off by enjoying a nice bottle of Perrier Jouet on our final evening. I think that will be our ritual.

• 3 weeks later...

Good for you, that's a great ritual. For us, we pop the champagne on formal, "afternoons" when getting ready for formal nights. We go back to the cabin a couple hours ahead of time and take our time getting ready, and sipping the champagne.

Hello!

Just curious about bringing beer on board. Is that allowed - or will it be confiscated? Any experience here?

Thanks!

:) :) :)

I have heard of people putting beer in soda cases, I think you can bring 2 cases on board. open it up, switch it with beer and tape the ends shut! then ask your room stuard to bring you some ice in your trash can. I have heard this works well:D Good luck

It's the hard liquor they confiscate. Most cruise lines allow you to bring on (during embarkation only) a bottle or two of wine/champagne for personal consuption in your cabin, or to bring to the dining room and have served with your dinner for an uncorking fee.

I had absolutely no problem bringing a bottle of whisky with me last year on RCCL.

Archived