Olympics Last Night

2Feathers

How many of you Windstar alumni watched the Olympics last night? The wife and I were talking and only half-way paying attention to the pairs figure skating, when all of sudden we heard "the music" starting to build. One of the pairs was using the "1492" music that Windstar plays as they're raising the sails! Very inspiring! Their performance was only so-so, but I gave them a 10 based on their music selection...

I know what you mean, snowman... And to make matters worse, before the Olympics came on, we were flipping through the channels, and what's on HBO?? Weekend at Bernie's Part 2!! Absolutely HORRID movie... but that scenery!! It was shot mostly in the USVI. We've seen it several times, and by now we pretty much just hit the "MUTE" button and enjoy the views of the islands. Between that and the Windstar music (not to mention the 15 degree temps on Rocky Top last night) we were really missing our cruise...

Well we're leaving in just about 2 weeks for our first Windstar cruise, so I haven't heard the music yet. But I've heard it's quite stirring. Someone mentioned on another thread what the music was -- I'd like to go out and purchase it before we go, so it'll be familiar to me when we set sail. But I can't remember which thread it was. Can anyone fill me in on what the music is, so I can go out and find it? Thanks!

LeeAnne

LeeAnn, I'm extremely jealous!! I did a quick search of the Windstar board for the music, and there was a thread started last year by none other than xsnowman99 on that very topic. Not sure if this will work, but here is a link you can try:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=127856&highlight=music

Have a great trip!!

LeeAnne, Enjoy the music...it is wonderful to listen to while just sitting and having 'an evening cocktail' at home! Very impressive when on deck. Please post a review when you get home. We are considering doing Costa Rica and would be interested in what you did, would do again, could have missed/shouldn't have missed, etc.

DO salute those of us at home thinking about you on the deck....Enjoy!

Lynn

You bet! I plan on writing a detailed review, because there really aren't all that many out there for this ship. (At least, in comparison to so many other ships.) I'll be at the mall this afternoon, and plan on picking up that CD. :)

LeeAnne

Archived