Where to eat in Isla Verde area?

tjv

Any recommendations for good reasonably priced restaurants in the Isla Verde area (near Courtyard Isla Verde)? We are group of 14 looking to meet and have dinner on a Friday night. I appreciate any comments at all!

Tessie

• 2 weeks later...
If you like Chinese food, I absolutely LOVE Backstreet Hong Kong at the Wyndham El San Juan Hotel. It's not the cheapest place, but it's also not the most expensive. The food is wonderful. I don't remember exactly how much the typical dinner would cost there, but I do remember that once I had a delicious noodle dish, and it was around $15.00.

There's also a Palm Restaurant at the same hotel. I wouldn't say The Palm is reasonably priced, though.

~Ashley

• 4 weeks later...
We always go to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in the Intercontinental Hotel. It IS NOT reasonably priced though. $$$$$$$$$

'89 Commodore/Caribe I
'92 NCL/Westward
'96 NCL/Seaward
'99 RCI/Rhapsody Of The Seas
'00 RCI/Legend Of The Seas
'01 Princess/Ocean Princess
'02 RCI/Vision Of The Seas
'03 Princess/Sea Princess
'03 Princess/Sea Princess

TAHITIAN PRINCESS 02/11/05

• 1 month later...
There was a wonderful little Cuban restaurant in the Isla Verde area when we were last there. I'm sorry I can't remember the name, but how many Cuban restaurants can there be there .. so just as your concierge or hotel desk people. I don't recall it being all that expensive.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
For Cuban food go to the Metropol near the Cockfight arena. For authentic Puertorrican food at a good price go to Mi Casita Restaurant at Plazoleta Isla Verde it's a small shopping center. Another great place for good food is Casa Dante it is a little further down Isla Verde Ave. but well worth going to, good prices.

• 2 weeks later...
The Isla Verde area is not easy to get around by foot as the hotels are right on the road. You will need to take a taxi to get anywhere. The Marriot has a reasonable buffet in the hotel. We took a cab to the Condado area where you can stroll around for the evening and find many restaurants and shops. Have fun.

Archived