Will you cruise on a ship without a Concierge Lounge?

We just returned from the Brillinace and had our first access to the Concierge Lounge. I must say it was very nice to have the perks that go along with the Lounge.

We cruised with a group that we met on the Brilliance in 2004. Several of the cruisers are Diamond and Diamond Plus members and will not sail on a ship that doesn't have a Concierge Lounge. We are discussing several sail dates for as far out at 2008, but can only look at ships with the Lounge.

How important is it to you to have a Concierge Lounge on the ship?

Do you skip sailing on the ships that don't have one?

Do you think RCL should add a lounge to all of the ships?

The lounge is nice but it isn't the reason for the cruise. Our first experience with the lounge was on the Serenade. Then our next cruise was with Celebrity and they don't even have the lounges, go figure. In fact if having a lounge is a must you are going to limit your cruising experience since RCL are the only ships that have them.

In fact if having a lounge is a must you are going to limit your cruising experience since RCL are the only ships that have them.

No, most HAL ships also have them now (Zuiderdam had one and I believe that they were in the process of retrofitting the older ships with them too...)

Boo

We most definitely love the Concierge Lounge and that is a priority when trying to book a cruise. Saves us tons of money on bar bills. However, sometimes we have to go with other ships.....for instance....my in-laws are in their 90's and cruise with us once a year. They live in Philadelphia and we have to book the Empress from there. They don't like to fly any more. I put on every comment card that RCI should have Concierge lounges on ALL their ships. They could do it!

We have sailed on ships with and without Concierge, I enjoy the Concierge perk but it's not top priorty for me in choosing the itineraries. I have sent C&A letters suggesting that on the ships without the concierge lounge, they could dedicate one of the bars for concierge for a couple hours a day. Didn't get any feed back but if enough Dia. & Dia. Plus members requested it they may do something:rolleyes:

We are just off the AOS where we had our very first access to the Concierge Lounge. While the lounge and it's amenities are lovely, it would definitely not influence my decision to cruise on a ship without one. We were in a GS which is what gave us access, for our next cruise we are booked in a JS - just couldn't rationalize spending the extra money for a GS/Concierge Service.....we didn't use it near enough to have that kind of value. Just my opinion....

I didn't even know there was such a thing till recently, so OBVIOUSLY I don't care! Even when I have enough credits to "move on up," I won't care, because it is all about the cruise! Get me on a ship! any ship! with or w/o a lounge!

Could someone explain the Concierge Lounge to me (how you get access? What are the perks? etc...?)?

The Concierge lounge is a private lounge for Diamond and Diamond plus members, if you book a JR suite or higher you will get a door card to get in. The perks are drink for free self serve, ordure's before dinner, coffee, tea, juice and pastry, muffins for breakfast. There are internet stations in the lounge and the C&A rep can make reservations and take care of any special request you may have. It is a real nice perk!

Thank you for the information.

This will be my third cruise, but I think my 'account' is linked to my parents and they've been on something like 10 cruises, so I may be an applicable Diamond member (I believe they said I was.. not sure though).

We've only been able to use the Concierge Lounge on one cruise, but we couldn't believe what a nice perk that it was. We will indeed be looking for ships that include this perk. It wouldn't stop us from sailing on one that didn't have the lounge, but if all things were even we would take the ship with the Concierge Lounge.

No, most HAL ships also have them now (Zuiderdam had one and I believe that they were in the process of retrofitting the older ships with them too...)

Boo

The Concierge Lounge on HAL is different. There are no complimentary cocktails, which I find a nice perk on RCI ships.

As a Diamond Plus member, I would not sail on a ship without one. I like the fact that it is an adult only area in the evenings and a place of peace and quiet throughout the day. I had coffee and breakfast there each day of my Serenade cruise. It was never busy in the daytime hours and the views are fabulous!

From this diamond member's perspective it is overrated and can only go downhill without changes. My experiences are they are small so get there very early or no seat.

Also I see it as a perk that will go down hill in attractiveness as more and more folks are qualified. How many folks can you squeeze into these little rooms.

The Concierge lounge is a private lounge for Diamond and Diamond plus members, if you book a JR suite or higher you will get a door card to get in. The perks are drink for free self serve, ordure's before dinner, coffee, tea, juice and pastry, muffins for breakfast. There are internet stations in the lounge and the C&A rep can make reservations and take care of any special request you may have. It is a real nice perk!

We booked a gs and we are only platinum [sp]. does that mean, that even though RC says we can use the concierge lounge, we can't?

Archived