westin or royal palms

weezi

has anyone been to westin or royal palms on the 7 mile beach "on their own"? I cant decide which one would be better. any information will help
sailing 5/23/05 granduer

thanks

angela

thank you so much. it looks like the westin seems to be the place of choice. But if anyone has any information on the royal palms I'll love to hear it.
thanks

angela

The Royal Palms has a great dining experience a little pricey(as most is in the Cayman's) It is called "The Reef Grill". Great seafood & an awesome view . . . try to get a table on the patio . . . you can check out their website @
[url="http://www.reefgrill.com/"]http://www.reefgrill.com/[/url]
Enjoy!
Laurie

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Our family used the Royal Palms beach on our trip in June 2002. It was not overly crowded. At that time you could rent plastic lounge chairs for $10/day, but we chose to use blankets that we brought along. There is a bar on the beach. You could walk for miles in either direction from here as well. We also had an outstanding view of the ships from this location. I think the van ride to the site was $3/person. We had no trouble securing transportation back. I think my husband said the rum and cokes he was drinking at the time we $6 and very strong. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I had been reading a lot about the new beach "Sea Grape" on the posts so we went. By the way, the Taxi driver reccomended it over the Westin or Royal Palms. It was GREAT! The staff was helpful and it had a real laid back "island feel". There were areas shaded by seagrape trees or you could rent umbrellas if you wanted to go down by the water. THE WATER WAS AWESOME! It's just past the public beach and away from most of the condos and hotels. They had a bar & grill, rest rooms, showers, lockers and rentals there. Entrance was free, chairs were $10.00 apiece but they were better than sitting in the sand for free.

Staff was friendly & helpful and the facilities were clean & neat. It was a good choice, I would defenitely reccoment Sea Grape to anyone looking for a nice beach.:)

Is the Sea Grape a beach or a resort/hotel? How far is it from the Westin, Royal Palm or Hyatt? We want to do parasailing along with a nice beach and know that the Westin and Hyatt offer those facilities. For those who went to the Westin, did you use the pool, too? Thanks.

Archived