Any Good Tour Guides in the Cayman's

RinaJune612

I have found a few good reviews about Montego Bay & Cozumel Tour guides but I can't find anything/anyone on the Grand Cayman need your help!! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] anyone good out there I can email etc.

Conquest 6/13/04

• 1 year later...
There's lots of info on here re good tour providers. Some of them are: Captain Marvin's [used them in 2003 - very good], Captain Bryan [people we know used them and raved about them], Nativeway, etc. We just returned from GC and used Nativeway for their "Rays, Reef and Rum Point Tour". Cannot say enough positive things about them - they were absolutely fantastic!!

We e-mailed Sharon with our date and she told us there was room and said to meet on the pier. We just happened to run into Eldon [her husband] at the clock/fountain about an hour before the tour and he said to come back there in one hour. Took a bus to their boat. There were about 25 of us on a two-tiered boat - plenty of shade, they had water and fruit punch. Took us to Stingray sandbar and gave everyone a chance to hold/touch the rays, etc. Our group was small compared with the other boats that were there. Stayed about 45minutes. Took the boat a short distance to the Barrier Reef. Snorkled there for about 45-60 min. The guides coaxed out a nurse shark and an eel. Got back on the boat for another short ride to Rum Point. We had a pre-ordered lunch and relaxed on the beach. There were loungers [shaded and not], hammocks, refreshment stands, shops. In the gift shop was a young lady oil-painting beach scenes while tending the check-out. The shop sign said no shirt, no shoes, no problem, just please no dripping bathing suits. There were showers and restrooms. They took us back to town just in time to catch the next-to-last tender to the ship [we were a few minutes later than scheduled]. This all cost $55 each and was well worth it. They collected payment at the end of the tour on the way back to their pier. They take cash or charge cards. There is a videographer who will sell you a DVD of your tour if you want. I think it was $65 [we didn't buy one].

It's the only tour we could find that included Rum Point, which we really wanted to see.

Archived