Serenade of the seas 10/29/06

mswmurf

Has anyone done the Panama Canal for thirteen on rccl where it says cruising the canal? Are we able to get off the ship while we are going through the locks? Are we able to arrange an independent tour? From reading the reviews on this board, people who get off the boat get pick up at Cristobal, yet, it doesn't look like the Serenade goes there. Please provide feedback as I am trying to arrange a doable excursion.

Normally when the Panama Canal activity is "cruising," and does not include a stop at Cristobal pier, there propably will not be any shore excursions. Getting off at any of the locks is generally not permitted. Don't know if the cruise line has any other excursions available while the ship is transiting the canal.

Your best bet would be to give RCCL a call just to verify what the Panama Canal "cruising" would allow you to do, if anything, in Panama.

Bill,

Thanks for getting back with me. I was thinking the same, however, when I was checking the shore excursions, there were excursions off the ship. I guess I will have to call. I was hoping to get help from this board. Thanks;)

Archived