Another Navigator to Bermuda review

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Read Regent Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Find Your Regent Cruises Roll Call

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:07 PM.
Heber Valley, Utah
1,434 Posts
Joined May 2002
Paula-

Great review - I enjoyed meeting you and your daughter (sweet girl) on the cruise. You really picked up a lot of details of this ship. We were seated near you 2 nights in the dining room and you are right the service was wonderful. The only complaint I had was the deck 5 starboard (odd #) cabins have a continuous off/on motor noise that made it difficult to sleep several nights - just an FYI for future cruisers on that deck.
It was a nice ship and Radisson does a great job.

Kathy

Navigator
Durango, CO, USA
1,900 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
Paula:

That is a good review! You picked up on the two things that keep us cruising Radisson. First, no lines or crowds. We don't put up with those here at home. Why should we tolerate them on vacation? Second, no "nickel and diming". Again, home is a relatively "all inclusive" situation. Why should we have to tolerate anything less on vacation? We think the answer here is simple. We should not have to tolerate a lesser standard of living on vacation than we have at home. Otherwise, why go on vacation?

We think that Radisson provides the answer by providing inclusions and service, and food quality that are above the standards we can get at home. That is why we cruise them again, and again, and again!!

Thanks,
Richard
Atlanta Ga
1,117 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Thanks for your replies. We're already thinking about cruising Radisson again. Once you've done Radisson, it's difficult to go back to the mainstream lines.

Paula
Venice, Fl.
2,400 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
Paula -

Great review! You are so right about not wanting to go back to the mass-market cruiselines after trying Radisson.........

Claudia

Celebrity Galaxy 10/18 and 10/25/04
Seven Seas Mariner 12/17/04
Seven Seas Navigator 1/8/05

Too Much of a Good Thing Can Be Wonderful!
Houston, TX
1 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
We were on the May 26th cruise to Bermuda and in Cabin 519... we complained about the noise going on and off during the later part of the cruise. It was supposedly a pump and they finally moved us to a cabin on the other side of the ship. If you are going to travel on the Navigator, beware of the Deck 5 starboard cabins!
Forest Hill New York USA
2 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Hi I was on the Navigator cruise to Bermuda from New York on June 2nd. Some rocking on the first day out and in Compass Rose dining room vibrations, Service terrible in dining room, and almost non-existant around pool area. Room service wonderful. Bar service all around ship very slow. In Bermuda I missed one of the many steps on Front Street and went over on my foot. For an ace bandage in the infirmary cost $120.00, very outrageous, $20.00 deposit for an ice pack. So bring your own. I found this cruise to be most disappointing. I was expecting so much more from RSCC. Oh well there's always next year
228 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by copatone:
Hi I was on the Navigator cruise to Bermuda from New York on June 2nd. Some rocking on the first day out and in Compass Rose dining room vibrations, Service terrible in dining room, and almost non-existant around pool area. Room service wonderful. Bar service all around ship very slow. In Bermuda I missed one of the many steps on Front Street and went over on my foot. For an ace bandage in the infirmary cost $120.00, very outrageous, $20.00 deposit for an ice pack. So bring your own. I found this cruise to be most disappointing. I was expecting so much more from RSCC. Oh well there's always next year<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
So sorry about your injury. Having been to a ship infirmary once too, I can appreciate it.

could you please expand a bit what you mean by the terrible service in the dining room.

I note that this is your first post. Welcome! At some point you may want to add to your signature your sailings history or at least number of prior sailings on which cruise lines. Thanks

Island Princess 1983
Dawn Princess 1998
Ocean Princess 2002
Enchantment of the Seas 3/04
Palm Desert, California
3,696 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Hi Copa,

I too was on your cruise that week too and we had a really good time and we felt excellent service. I am always interested when I hear views that so differ from my own experience. The ocean between NYC and Bermuda can be rough sailing, and yes, the first day out there was some weather (Rain and choppy seas). Did you know that if you took the RSSC Cruise Insurance you'd have been covered for the bandage and the Doctor Visit too? My husband slipped several times on the uneven pavement on Front Street and I was watching the goods in the windows and almost missed a time or two myself.

Where were you seating in the dining room and who gave you poor service? One morning, I ate the same breakfast as the lady next to me who did nothing but complain about everything. Because of my professional background, I can be quite exacting and I have pretty high standards. My experience with RSSC is that when something does not meet my standards, to let them know. It's always been instantly fixed and well apologized for. I am sorry our paths did not cross on the cruise.

Kathy
6/2/04-Navigator Bermuda
9/22/04-Navigator NYC/Canada
5/03-Mariner - Panama Canal
6/01-Mariner-Alaska Inaugural
5/02-Millennium - Carribbean
12/97-RCCL Splendor of The Seas - Carribbean
1998/1993/1991 RCCL Viking Serenade
Houston
321 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
We too were on the week of the 26th. And our experience of service was only with the lack of empathy by the front desk. Our first day we had lunch and at the end of the lunch the waiter said have a good day and called us by our names, we had never mentioned our names. The next morning the same waiter saw us at breakfast and he greeted us by our names. We ended up asking to be seated in his area every night for dinner. The night of the first"captain's dinner " my husband was ill, yes the seas got to him, and I mentioned it to the waiter. Again the next morning my husband came in and the waiter asked how he was feeling, my husband mentioned he was sorry he missed the lobster and the next thing we knew the waiter sent the maitre'd over and apologized for missing the meal and asked when he would like lobster served to him.

As to the front desk we were unfortunately in one of those cabins on deck five and my husband had been up all night. When we contacted the front desk it took six hours before someone got back to us and although they did find us another room the front desk clerk could not understand why I was insistant that we switch rooms before we went to dinner. Guess since she worked all night she saw no problem with moving our stuff at 10 or 11 in the evening.

Would definetely travel with them again.
New York
5 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
I have been reading message boards relating to RSSC for months now. I started reading them when I booked my June 2nd cruise to Bermuda. I guess that all of the glowing posts had my expectations far too high. I must say that the accommodations were very nice - large closet and bathroom - but I was not as impressed with the service as everyone else seemed to be. Boarding was a pleasure since the ship is so small. There was no waiting involved and being greeted with a glass of champagne followed by a bottle in your room was quite nice. However, in the dining room I felt the service was very slow and on a few occasions I had to stop whatever waiter was going by to ask if he could send over someone so that we could order drinks. If you were a wine drinker you were in luck since someone was always walking around topping off wine glasses but if you drank something else it seemed to throw them off and took them quite a long time to return with your drink which they said was because they had to go find a bar to make the drink. Also, we changed our table area once since the waitress was looking so harried and was always reprimanding the people she had working with her - it wasn't pleasant to be in an atmosphere where a worker was being chastised in front of the guests. In any event, we changed our table and had a lovely waitress, but still had the problem getting a second drink. Another night, we a tried a different table and although the waitress was nice, the orders were all wrong when they arrived. One night I called room service and ordered a dinner for my husband. I had asked if they could either give him mashed or roasted potatoes but was informed that they only had baked. I have been on several cruises on "supposedly lesser" cruise lines where they went out of their way to get something that was not not on the menu for you. Another small annoyance was that I called maintenance a I had a problem with the vcr. I was told they would put in a request to have it fixed but no one ever showed up. I read on an earlier post that if you point out deficiencies they are dealt with and profuse apologies are offered. I found our porter int he hallway and he said someone would come down. After a fw hours the room sevice person delivered our food and he ended up fixing it. Maintenance never did show. All of thes things are such small inconveniences it was not worth my time to find someone to complain to. It is just that other than the size of the ship and the number of people, I did not find a vast difference in the service between the newer large ships and this small ship. Also, the sailings on the larger ships are much calmer and you don't feel any vibarations in dining areas or show lounges. I do admit it is a good ship for older people or people who may need just a quiet atmosphere, which I thought at my age I was ready for. I've read so many posts stating that you would never cruise anything but RSSC after having gone with them once, that I felt the need to write that I actually will continue to cruise on other lines in the future because even though this was nice and I met some lovely people, it certainly wasn't the best cruise experience I have ever had.
Forest Hill New York USA
2 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Hi Kathy, Glad to hear you had a good vacation, we considered as good as well. To be more specific about our dining room experience, it seemed to me the servers seemed stressed and not very orgainized. One night my appetizer was forgotten and another night the entire table's salads were forgotten. It was sad to see a new assistant trying to squeeze a lime between a fork and a spoon on the chilian seabass and the lime shoot across the table. I also agree with Haroli, if you did not drink wine, the service getting something else to drink was very slow and never refilled. All in all these were small inconveniences which I did not complain to anyone about. It was wonderful to be out of the city on the ocean. Copatone
Atlanta Ga
1,117 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
I'm sorry to hear of the unpleasant experiences. My daughter and I both tripped on Front Street too, but luckily didn't hurt ourselves. I bet it happens quite often. As for the dining room service issue, I have a hint for future cruisers. Introduce yourself to the head waiter Shai right away and he'll take good care of you the remainder of the week. He's from Australia, very professional and works the buffet for lunch and the Compass Rose for dinner. If anything goes wrong, he'll fix it.