Houston-Galveston Travel Help...

My soon-to-be hubby and I will fly into Houston at 8:00 AM the day of our cruise. We are trying to figure out the best way to get to Galveston. Isn't it true that we won't be able to get to the pier until about 10:00 or so?? If that is the case then if we get a limo/sedan service to take us to the pier then will they have to ride around for a couple of hours before dropping us off? We have considered renting a car, but what is there to do in Galveston from about 9:00-10:30 AM on a Sunday morning? We are open for any suggestions or advice!!

Thanks in advance!

Candace,

10:30 is probably closer to time of which to board. A lot of folks have used Enterprise for car rentals. Read through the Galveston Port-of-Call for how they want you to drop the car off. As far as killing time, a drive down the beach is nice. Of course it wont be the nice clear water of the Caribbean. You can take the Bolivar ferry across and then come back. I dont know if any of the shops will be open in the shopping area which is one block from the pier.

Dave

Archived