HOUSTON - rental car

NYJennn

I apologize if this has been answered before. I am having a hard time getting the "search" feature to work.

We will be flying into IAH the day before our cruise (which leaves from Galveston), and since we are traveling with 5 people, we have found it will be cheaper to rent a minivan for the night, rather than take a limo or cab.

Question is...
Does anyone know of any rental car agency that will let you pick up at IAH and drop off somewhere closer to Galveston? Has anyone ever done this?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

I recently looked into this as we are in the same situation as you are. I found that it was cheaper to use the limo service for the 5 of us instead of the van rental. I can't remember which 2 car rental places allowed for the drop-off in Galveston, but the price was outrageous.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
Sapphire Princess

• 3 weeks later...
Enterprice car rental has a special deal with NCL that you can pick up the rental car from the airport and drop it off by the port and they waive the one-way drop off fee. For us the price was a total of $35.00 for 24 hours. They may have the same deal in Galvaston. The phone number is: 1 800 736 8222

• 2 weeks later...
I had the same problem last year and had no luck finding a car rental that would allow drop off. One did but then they were not open on the weekend in Galveston. We used galveston limo. It is actually a van service but it worked well, they were there waiting for us at the airport and when we returned at the pier.
[url]www.galvestonlimousineservice.com[/url]

Archived