Parking in Galveston

jharris7

Does anyone know about the parking in Galveston? I would like to know where the handicapped parking is and how much they charge! I have heard that some ports are free to handicapped people.

Elation out of Galveston

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;6;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

I have been trying to find this out for about a month now! I even checked out the Port of Galveston's web site and they have nothing about handicapped parking. My concern is that I am travelling alone and will have difficulty carrying baggage. If we don't hear anything before I go, I would appreciate your knowledge when you return.

Piper

<MARQUEE>Christmas Cruise on the Elation!</MARQUEE>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;19;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Unless the situation has changed since we went to Port of Galveston last August, there is no free handicapped parking. The official parking lots are some distance from the port terminal and shuttles run between the official port terminal and the parking lots. While some of the parking spaces are designated for handicapped, I did not notice that any of the shuttles were wheelchair accessible. If you need a wheelchair accessible shuttle, I would advise calling the Port of Galveston and make arrangements in advance.

I stopped at the Port terminal and was able to temporarily park to off-load our baggage and the other passengers, including our family member with his wheelchair. Our baggage was checked and the others waiting inside the terminal building until I returned from the parking lot on a shuttle bus.

I don't have any experience with any of the private lots, such as the Dolphin lot.

Hi, I just returned from Galveston last Thursday, I dropped my husband and luggage off at the terminal along with his scooter and wheelchair, then parked the car in the designated lot and rode the shuttle back to the pier. No one mentioned free parking when I parked, I have the handicap plates. Five days parking was $45.00. We were on the Carnival Celebration.

Archived