Long Beach pier to LAX

jamielbx

Are you sailing with Princess? If so, double check with your TA, Princess is sailing out of the Port of Los Angeles and not Long Beach right now.

If it is Long Beach, the trip can take from 1/2 hour to over an hour depending on traffic. If possible, I'd look into flying into Long Beach. VERY convenient.

If you're sailing out of LA (San Pedro), again, depending on traffic, it should take about 1/2 hour from LAX.

Have fun!

We were on the Diamond inaugural. It was about 8 am when we disembarked. With getting our luggage and then a taxi we were in line at the airport by 9am. The price of the ride was $40.00. A lot faster than we thought it would be.
Mike

Mike
Sea Princess 03/01
Golden Princess 10/01
Sun Princess 03/02
Sea Princess 03/03 (final back to back cruise)
Diamond Princess 03/04 (inaugural cruise)

• 1 year later...
[quote name='jamielbx']What is the earliest flight time that I could reasonably book for the day that we disembark?[/QUOTE]Earliest should be Noon to 12:30. I wouldn't book anything earlier. The ship could start disembarkation anywhere between 8AM and 10AM. The variable is when everyone has submitted their immigration forms and the ship is cleared by U.S. immigration. Several ships in port at the same time can also delay clearance and disembarkation. These are things you can't anticipate which means you can't count on disembarking at 8AM. That's not even taking into consideration traffic delays or long lines at LAX.

Also, as Boomer says, check with your TA. If you're on a Princess cruise, you won't be arriving in Long Beach.

[quote name='Pam in MA']Also, as Boomer says, check with your TA. If you're on a Princess cruise, you won't be arriving in Long Beach.[/quote]

Pam's right - Princess is using San Pedro. The Super Shuttle also picks up from there, but you should call them to make a reservation for sure!

[quote=Cruisin' Chick]We can check cruisecal.com to make sure which port (just in case his/her ship was moved to LB for some obscure reason).[/quote]

Good advice, CC. I really like the cruisecal site. It's especially nice to see what and how many other ships will be in port :D

Archived