Tahitian Princess Cabin 6090

DeBlasio1

Hello Fellow Cruises,

Has anyone ever stayed in "AFT" cabin 6090 on the Tahitian Princess? It appears to be a little bigger than the other outside with balcony cabins. The Princess respresentative I spoke with today says the size is 216 SF, including the balcony, but she also said it does appear to be bigger.

Thanks ahead of time for you response. Remember clocks back 1 hour tonight, which means we are one hour closer to sailing...lol

DONNA

=^..^=

Donna.gif

The cabins all the way aft do have deeper balconies, in general. My kids had one of these but on deck 7.

THe drawback is that it is cut from the hull so that you cannot see anything sitting down. No view from the room. Also sitting outside, while there was room for a chaise all one could see was the solid steel below the railng- need to stand to look out. This makes the room seem smaller.

There is some movement and vibration aft, but this doesnt bother everyone. It is a matter of personal preference whether this cabin is better or not.

I would just check that on deck 6 it is deeper if that is the deciding factor for you. I cannot say for sure.

Jacqueline

Constellation 3/20/04

HAL Westerdam 7/30/04

Tahitian Princess August 2003

Grand Princess Western Caribbean 2003

Brilliance of the Seas Baltic 2002

Ocean Princess- Alaska 2001

Celebrity Zenith- Bermuda 2001

Grand Princess Med 2000

Donna,

After having a balcony and being able to see everything without standing up, I would go for one of the normal balcony rooms as it was wonderful to be able to see from inside the cabin, the sea, the islands etc. Just my opinion.

Jennie

The next cruise is always the best!

3RD OCTOBER, 2004 PRINSENDAM

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;10;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0200

Donna,

We were in 6090 onboard Pacific Princess (sister ship) last November.

The balcony area is much larger but as Jaqueline says, you can't see much sitting down. We were bothered by the vibrations - unusual for me - have been cruising on and off for 30 years and never bothered before. Moved cabins after 3 nights up to deck 7 to a balcony cabin.

Having said that, we got to know other cruisers who were in similar aft cabins on decks 7 and 8 and they weren't bothered about the vibrations. Perhaps an aft cabin on those decks might be better, or as Jennie says a normal balcony cabin is just fine.

Hope this helps

Robyn

Thank you for all your opinions. We have stayed in an AFT cabin before on RCI's Explorer and loved it. I guess it depends on the ship and what they have for viewing. So what you mean is you have vibrations from the ENGINES????

We have cruised many, many times ourselves and that is why it helps to ask questions. I guess we will have to decide between having a larger balcony or a balcony with a view.

Again, thanks for all the helpful information!

DONNA

=^..^=

Donna.gif

Archived