Alarm Clocks

Rosieo

Although the cabins do not have alarm clocks there is a wake-up call service that you set using the phone. Although I remember reading a comment quite sometime ago that someone had problems with it, we have not. Always worked just fine for us. If you are going to purchase an alarm clock I do suggest you get a battery operated one and eliminate the plug problem.

Crown '93,Star '94, Regal '95,

Sun '96, Crown '97, Dawn '98,

Dawn '99, Sun 2000, Dawn '01,

Grand '02, Coral '03,Star 6/28/03, Sun 3/10/04, Star 02/27/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FF0000&cdt=2005;2;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Star Princess Sailing

Personnaly, I don't care if there is or not an alarm clock in the room... Why ? Because I always use my watch AND my Palm PDA as an alarm clock... They work just fine. icon_smile.gif

Alain R.

---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ----------

Want to see some pictures from our cruises ?

Just go to:

Alain & Linda cruises pictures

... and enjoy !

---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ----------

1995 - Regal Princess (Eastern Carrib)

2000 - Sea Princess (Western Carrib)

2002 - Dawn Princess (Southern Carrib)

2004 - Coral Princess (Panama canal)

2005 - Dawn Princess (Southern Carrib Meddley)

Time left before our next cruise (2005 Dawn Princess):

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2005>

<param name="month" value=3>

<param name="day" value=20>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

"Stars are brighter when you look at them from sea !"

on the Grand there is NO clock of any kind in the mini-suites, so if you need to be up by a certain time, I suggest that you plan to take a clock for yourself. I personally used my Palm as our alarm clock.

The Golden Princess mini-suites have no clocks in the room either.

Even though we used the ship' wake-up notification system (which worked fine), it is still nice to be able to know what time it is at a glance while in the room.

If you bring a small 4-outlet power strip with you it is easy plug in an illuminated electric alarm clock. Makes it convenient to see the time day or night. (The soft glow given off works as a night light too!)

Ken & Nancy dog1.gif

The only way to know the time, is to look on the phone. There is a display showing the current time. You can easily set the wake-up call by dialing 130, then the requested time. It worked every time for me.

In a recent Mexican Riviera 7 day, there were 2 time changes, one down, one back -- I can't imagine Princess mgmt wants to trust all the stewards to change the clocks in a thousand staterooms... twice a week. Most cruise ships do not have clocks in the room. Bring your own.

You are so right, Salty Dog. The illumination saved my hubby from a body cast. It is dark in the inside cabins. Sue

7 Days on The Star Princess OCTOBER,24,2004

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=10>

<param name="day" value=24>

<param name="hour" value=05>

</applet>

Jake-

Will post after returning. I am still hoping someone will post this week from the ship to let us know how it is before we get on in a few days. I am so excited. I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa and this isn't even my first cruise.

Caribbean Princess 4-10

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;4;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We were on Diamond last week. The time is shown on the phone. We had two time changes while on board and the phone clock was changed automatically in the middle of the night. They have a wake up service also if you need to be up at a certain time. The only plug we had was at the desk there were two plugs. And, in the bathroom there was one. We brought an extension cord.

We took both a $3.99 battery clock from Target that worked great, as well as a darkness activated $1.49 night light. Both were great and so small to pack.

On Dawn, the wake up service was not working.

09/87 Old Rotterdam

10/89 Noordam

9/90 Noordam

9/92 Star Princess (old)

4/94 Regal Princess

3/04 Dawn Princess

guardhouse,

How many plugs/outlets were there in the cabins on the Dawn?

I would like to be able to plug in my electric alarm clock. I like to be able to see what time it is during the night plus as others have mentioned it also helps illuminate the cabin a bit. Most battery operated travel clocks are not illuminated.

Also I would like to be able to plug in my curling iron without having to unplug the clock. So...hopefully there are two plugs. icon_smile.gif Did you use their blowdryer? How was it?

I know on some ships I've been on...the blowdryers are pretty weak. I'm going to Alaska,so I wouldn't want to have damp hair.icon_eek.gif

Did you notice if there was a outlet in the bathroom other than the one for electric shavers? I would like to use a nightlight in there...but on all other ships I've been on...there was no outlet in BR.(electric shavers only outlet) icon_confused.gif

If any of you have ever stayed in an inside cabin...you would understand about the need for a little light. The cabins are extremely dark...and unfortunatly I'm one of those people who have to get up at least once a night. icon_rolleyes.gif I have left the BR light on with the door closed like some posters suggest...but thats too bright when you go in there half asleep. icon_eek.gif Plus it doesn't help illuminate the cabin being the door is closed!

We will be on the ship for two weeks and these are just some of the little conveinences that it helps to have.

Thanks

CaribbeanCrazy

tn_14.gif

Hi, Crazy.

there were no "normal" plug-ins in the bathroom. Only one at the vanity that did allow the nightlight at the blow dryer.

My wife used the blowdryer and it was not efficient. We were in the Caribbean, so I don't know that her own was any better. Just too much humidity.

On Dawn, there is a good gap at the bottom of the bathroom door. My sister did leave her BR light on and used it for a nightlight.

If you can book C315, I left my nightlight for the next cruiser. I wonder if the cabin staff would be kind enough to leave it! In a disabled cabin, it is a godsend.

09/87 Old Rotterdam

10/89 Noordam

9/90 Noordam

9/92 Star Princess (old)

4/94 Regal Princess

3/04 Dawn Princess

I always bring a radio/alarm clock. The clock makes things easy in the middle of the night. And we love turning on the radio in each port to hear some local music. It's pretty entertaining, but we always get some bad song that we don't understand stuck in our heads.

Archived