Princess Pool Water / Princess Cay

RWKY

OK - I need some help - I am obviously getting old and forgetful. We have cruised 12 times (once on Princess - Regal) and I seem to remember than Princess uses fresh water in their pools. Am I correct? We are on the Carribean Princess in october and my two kids are hoping this is true - please help.

Also - having never been to Princess Cay - please compare the island to NCL's/Disney's and RCCL's private island.

Thanks in advance!!

Mercury 4/5/03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2003;4;4;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Heated fresh water pools open 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Hot tubs that are actually "hot", also open 24/7. Sorry to disappoint the kids but there are no water slides!

Princess has great ship board children's programs -- they won't be bored while cruising.

Haven't been to NCL's/Disney's or RCCL's private island, but Princess Cay is beautiful with plenty of family activities!

Ken & Nancy dog1.gif

We have been to both Princess Cays and RCCL private. It has been a while since we were in Princess Cays but I remember it being really nice. RCCL's place seemed to have more areas to go to and different places to swim or lay out. Both were great.

Caribbean Princess 4-10

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;4;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

• 5 years later...
Heated fresh water pools open 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Hot tubs that are actually "hot", also open 24/7. Sorry to disappoint the kids but there are no water slides!

Princess has great ship board children's programs -- they won't be bored while cruising.

Haven't been to NCL's/Disney's or RCCL's private island, but Princess Cay is beautiful with plenty of family activities!

Ken & Nancy dog1.gif

We have found lately that the pools have not been open 24 hours like they used to be. They have put the nets acrossed them to close them around midnight.

We have found lately that the pools have not been open 24 hours like they used to be. They have put the nets acrossed them to close them around midnight.

Yes we just got off the Crown in Feb. The pools and hot tubs are not open 27/7 and are covered after hours. Princess Cays is nice, the area is leased by Princess. I read on CC that do to weather conditions Princess Cays had to be by passed sometimes .:(

One big difference between Princess Cay and Disney's private island is that at Princess you tender into Princess Cay rather than dock. Princess Cay is open to all and there are not designated seperate areas for adults like on Disney's. Disney owns the island as opposed to Princess who just as a small section on the Southern Tip of the island. Both are basically nice days at the beach. There is obviously no underwater Mickey at Princess Cay:p:p Also some of the activities differ. We did parasailing at Disney and that is not offered at Princess Cay (which I would love to see offered at Princess Cay)

Archived