DIAMOND FLOOD

sneekpeek

The first night the water was rough and we were sliding all over the booth at Sterling. Then I think it was the next day we went through the worst fog I have ever seen. You couldn't see the water from any deck. The captain said it was very unusual. He had to blow the horn every two minutes for at least an hour or more. It was so loud, but we all were having such a good time. Then on Monday we had to go to Cabo to drop off a passenger that had a heart attack. The captain told us to watch for the grey whales and dolphins and he kept pointing them out but I never saw one. When we went to Cabo some of the tours did not get back in time. We were all suppose to be on the ship by 1:30, but the tours weren't back so we couldn't leave Cabo until about 3:00 or maybe even a little later because they had to load all the tendering boats. The power went off a few times. If the power goes off all of the elevators go to floor 7 and let you out. That was good to know. One day I was in the hall going to my cabin and the entire ship went black. You couldn't even see your hand in front of you. In a few minutes the emergency lights came on. Then on Friday early afternoon, I left my cabin on deck 8 and tried to walk down to 7. I was told all floors 7 and below were closed because a pipe broke and it was flooded. I went to the stairs at the back of the ship on 8 and walked down one flight and looked. There were hundreds of those blue beach towels on the floor and the water was about an inch deep. (just outside of the Club Fusion at the elevators) All of the elevators were shut down at that end of the ship and they had to cancel something that was going to be in Club Fusion that afternoon. They were still cleaning it up on Saturday morning. (They worked all night on it with fans and mops and water vacuums. It smelled a little funny on Saturday but they were working very hard to get it dry before the next passengers boarded.

In spite of all this I would say this was the best cruise I have ever taken and I was very sad to leave the ship on Saturday. Princess is a first class operation and we truly feel that we will only cruise on Princess from now on.

WOW! We were on the inagural and the power went out only once for about an hour while we were ashore. The pipe bursting sounds like an awful mess.

Having fog like that must have been a little scary! The only time we had fog was when we arrived in Mazatlan & used the horn for about 15 minutes.

All in all you have a great attitude. Some would be very upset by things like this - all things you can't do anything about - so just enjoy your wonderful cruise!

We agree too - Princess is a great cruiseline!

Sheila

Diamond Princess 3-04

Sea Princess (back-to-back) 3-03

Sun Princess 3-02

Golden Princess 10-01

Sea Princess 3-01

Hi SneakPeek - We disembarked yesterday as well and had similar experiences to yours! But we agree that it is a beautiful ship with an extremely nice and accomodating crew (especially in light of the weird "glitches" with electrical problems, flooding, a heart attack, and the like)! We wouldn't hesitate to sail the Diamond again.

I will only reiterate what others have said regarding the "Anytime"/Personal Choice dining - be sure to make reservations for each night you would like to eat in one of the dining rooms as soon as you board - otherwise, you may risk being disappointed when they cannot accomodate your request. There were a few passengers who were dressed up with nowhere to go (except for the Horizon Court buffet)!

According to an employee, they know passeners are not terribly happy with this situation and they are trying to resolve it to make it operate more efficiently. They say the most popular dining time is 6:00PM. So, if you prefer, or must, dine early, be sure to reserve as quickly as possible. All the dining rooms are lovely though, so try them all.

And, if dining in the Santa Fe room, you MUST try the Kahlua Rice Pudding for dessert - SCRUMPTIOUS!! Enjoy! I wish I was still aboard!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;12;5;21;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Thanks for posting about the Diamond icon_smile.gif. Off topic question...what is the weather like this time of year in Cabo, Mazatlan and PV? We are thinking of booking the Diamond for early April 2005. I posted on the port of calls forum but have not received any info yet. THANKS icon_smile.gif.

We were on the 3/27 cruise. The weather was perfect in PV and Mazatlan. Warm, sunny and not too much humidity. I would say about 83 degrees. Cabo was very very very windy and a little on the cool side. I would say about 73 degrees. Then on Friday when we were going back to LA it was freezing. There is a very nice spot to sun bathe on the back of the ship and the people there were covered with their beach towels instead of laying on them. They had signs on the doors that led out to the decks that there were severe winds. You could barely open the doors. We did Mexican Riviera in early October one year and it was so hot and humid we thought we were going to die. So from now on we will do late March/early April.

Archived