Crown Princess In New York

DeeDee2652

Great pictures – that’s probably the only time you’ll see every one of the survival craft launched and bobbing around in the water (we all hope).

All ships do a lifeboat drill at least once a month where they launch at least one boat and sometimes more. I have seen many ships do it while in port somewhere.

The Crown backed out into the open harbor at around 5am-she then turned completely around and headed to the middle of the harbor-then around 5:20am the QM2 came down the river from uptown Manahattan towards

Red Hook-looks like they(QM2) went uptown by mistake-this was all seen on the Hudson River Web Cam

All ships do a lifeboat drill at least once a month where they launch at least one boat and sometimes more. I have seen many ships do it while in port somewhere.

Right-o…that’s why in my post I said “every one” of the survival craft. They never drill with all of them.

I flew home from a business trip this afternoon (to LaGuardia) and the plane flew right over the Red Hook terminal at 1:45 PM. I saw what looked like the QM2, but the Crown was nowhere in sight. Anyone know where it was then? I couldn't believe I had a window seat and the best vantage point, but alas, no ship! Perhaps they did not want two ships docked at Red Hook at the same time yet.

Any help from Red Hook folks is appreciated!

We're on the 8/25 cruise.

I flew home from a business trip this afternoon (to LaGuardia) and the plane flew right over the Red Hook terminal at 1:45 PM. I saw what looked like the QM2, but the Crown was nowhere in sight. Anyone know where it was then? I couldn't believe I had a window seat and the best vantage point, but alas, no ship! Perhaps they did not want two ships docked at Red Hook at the same time yet.

Any help from Red Hook folks is appreciated!

We're on the 8/25 cruise.

the Crown was out in the Harbor all day(near the V-N Bridge)

Archived