Packing list help!

kath1021

First time cruiser here and need some help with my packing list. What are some items that I should pack that one wouldn't normally pack to go on a resort vacation? Thanks for any help!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until partytime starts on the Glory~5/1

There is a link somewhere for the "ultimate cruise packing list"... can someone help??

The one thing about a cruise, is you dont want to forget anything..... BUT.. you dont need as much clothes as you think! There are many afternoons that bathing suits are the key!

Cathy

dolphin.gif

Ecstacy October 1992

Destiny October 1999

TRIUMPH May2003

TRIUMPH AGAIN! May 2004

Returning to the TRIUMPH on MAY 15TH!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

http://community.webshots.com/user/catrin0917

Multi plug outlet for the cabin vanity area. Invaluable if you need curling iron and something else plugged in at the same time.

Fantasy 11/91

Ecstasy 1/98

Fascination 11/99

Paradise 2/00

Imagination 4/02

Ecstasy 5/03

Paradise 10/03

Sovereign of the Seas 4/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;4;30;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till we leave on the Sovereign

Go here (http://cruiseclues.com/packinglist.htm and you'll find more packing lists than you can think of, including the Ultimate one.

Mark

Star Princess - Sept 1990 - Alaska

Radiance of the Seas - Sept 2001 - Alaska

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=08>

<param name="day" value=21>

<param name="hour" value=16>

</applet>

Till we sail on the Carnival Glory 8/21/04 Eastern Caribbean cruise!

You will want to take a power strip so you'll have enough plugs to use a hair dryer, curling iron, razor and anything else that needs electricity. Don't forget a shoe bag that will hang over your bathroom door to put all the bathroom articles in. That worked great for 4 in our cabin. Don't take lots of clothes you won't need them. Take swim wear, cover ups and shorts and t-shirts. Do the mix and match for dinner wear. Take one skirt and several tops and you'll have a different outfit each night. Take water shoes for the excursions. Plenty of sun screen. Take zip lock sandwich bags and marker to label your film so you'll know what rolls of film go with what island. Take your advil or tylenol with you because if you can buy it on the ship, it is VERY expensive. Go to the packing list link and I'm sure it will have all you need, but these are a few things that really came in handy when we cruised.

Happy Cruising.

icon_cool.gif

Here are the ones that I like to use.

This site is provided by Chris one of our very own members.

http://www.lifeiscruising.com/start_here

Cruise Diva

http://www.cruisediva.com/pack_it.htm

Calgon's Ultimate Packing List

http://www.geocities.com/Calgon1/UPL-2_Adults_Warm.html

Calgon's home page

http://www.geocities.com/Calgon1/Ultimate_Packing_List.html

Hope these help

I usually go through and cut and paste these lists into a word document and then I can take out whatever would not be something I would need.

Patti

My Conquest Review

dolphins_jump_md_wht.gif

aadog.gif

This is not a good idea! Shipboard electrical circuits are not designed to have more than one item plugged in at a time. And, most have limits on the wattage allowed for hair driers. Would you plug in too many items on an outlet at home? No, it's a fire hazard.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GinaDucey:

Multi plug outlet for the cabin vanity area. Invaluable if you need curling iron and something else plugged in at the same time.

Fantasy 11/91

Ecstasy 1/98

Fascination 11/99

Paradise 2/00

Imagination 4/02

Ecstasy 5/03

Paradise 10/03

Sovereign of the Seas 4/04

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;4;30;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till we leave on the Sovereign

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me know what cruise you are taking. I'll stay home and not put myself at risk of a ship fire. Do you really want to overload a ships electrical circuits and risk other passengers safety?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JKD:

You will want to take a power strip so you'll have enough plugs to use a hair dryer, curling iron, razor and anything else that needs electricity. Don't forget a shoe bag that will hang over your bathroom door to put all the bathroom articles in. That worked great for 4 in our cabin. Don't take lots of clothes you won't need them. Take swim wear, cover ups and shorts and t-shirts. Do the mix and match for dinner wear. Take one skirt and several tops and you'll have a different outfit each night. Take water shoes for the excursions. Plenty of sun screen. Take zip lock sandwich bags and marker to label your film so you'll know what rolls of film go with what island. Take your advil or tylenol with you because if you can buy it on the ship, it is VERY expensive. Go to the packing list link and I'm sure it will have all you need, but these are a few things that really came in handy when we cruised.

Happy Cruising.

icon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The power strips that they are speaking of are equiped with power surge protectors and fuses. In an overload they would turn off before causing a fire. I'm not seeing the problem. icon_confused.gif

Carnival clearly allows these. Nothing is said anywhere on the Carnival website that I have found that bans power strips.

This from their website:

Are There Restrictions on What We Can Bring Aboard?

Ticket Contract: Page 44. (a) Each fully paid adult guest will be allowed an unlimited amount of baggage free of charge. Baggage means only trunks, valises, satchels, bags, hangers and bundles with their contents consisting of only such wearing apparel, toilet articles and similar personal effects as are necessary and appropriate for the purpose of the journey.

X-Ray Security Machines for security purposes, carnival limits the size of hand-carry luggage to 11"X 17", which is the dimension of the opening of the X-ray security machine (similar to those used at the airport); there is no measurement for length as the hand-carry luggage will lay flat on the conveyer belt. Luggage larger than 11"X 17" will not be permitted through the security machine and must be checked-in with a curbside porter.

Safety Precautions due to "Safety Precautions", the following items are not permitted onboard:

Irons

Heating Pads

Candles

No Weapons Policy: Due to our "No Weapons Policy" and heightened security, guests are not permitted to bring on board:

Firearms or weapons of any kind

Pepper spray and mace

Safety Concerns: Due to "Safety Concerns", the following items cannot be utilized on board nor are permitted on board:

Bicycles

Surfboards

Scooters

Boats/Canoes

Scuba Tanks (empty or full)

Due to "Safety Concerns", the following items cannot be utilized on board but may be brought on board for use in port, only:

Roller Blades/Skates

Snorkel Gear

Skateboards

Golf Clubs

Fishing Rods (packed)

Tennis Rackets

Kites (packed)

Miscellaneous Concerns

Musical Instruments:For the comfort of all our guests, musical instruments can only be brought on board if the guest is performing and this performance has been pre-approved by the Group Department.

Radios/Boom Boxes: For the comfort of all our guests, radios and boom boxes can be used with headphones or ear pieces when used in public areas.

Floatation Devices: For the comfort of all our guests, rafts, tubes and floatation devices other than those used as life-preservers (water wings) cannot be used in the swimming pools on board.

Metal Detectors: Guests are not permitted to use metal detectors on board because anything found on board would "belong" to Carnival Cruise Lines. We would then try to return the item to the guest.

Wrapped Gifts: Guests may bring wrapped gifts on board; however, due to heightened security, the gift may have to be unwrapped, upon request.

VCRs/Nintendo/Play Units: These items cannot be utilized on board because of the incompatibility of the units with the stateroom televisions.

Fish Caught on Fishing Expeditions: The fish cannot be brought on board; it must be shipped home.

Patti

My Conquest Review

dolphins_jump_md_wht.gif

aadog.gif

[This message was edited by oceantravel on 04-06-04 at 10:20 PM.]

I would also pack a 11 X 14 envelope with 2 card board inserts to pack your photo's in you purchase and an extra large envelope to bring home your capers and scrapbook (memories) paper items.

Bathroom spray

door decorations....fun!

Have Fun!!!

Our first cruise we brought almost everything on the recommended packing lists and found we didn't need alot of it.

One thing we still bring on every cruise: a bungee cord to hold the balcony door open. I love listeneing to the sound of the ocean as I fall asleep.

6/03 Carnival Pride

10/02 Carnival Victory

6/00 Carnival Imagination

8/99 Carnival Inspiration (cancelled after 1 night due to Hurricane Dennis :-( )

next up...Carnival Destiny 4/25/04

You guys are great, thanks so much for all the great info. I would never have thought to bring duct tape or a bungee cord (unfortunately, we only have an oceanview but are hoping to get upgraded because we booked a 6A guarantee). Thanks again!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until partytime starts on the Glory~5/1

I thought the duct tape was a little stupid but brought it anyway. We actually used it! To "tape" my daughter's bra to her dress so her strap wouldn't show and to hold the bathroom door open (as it would keep slamming shut). Very handy!

Jubilee 1988

American Family 1994

Imagination 1997

Sensation 1998

Elation 6/2001

Inspiration 2/2002

Triumph 4/2004

• 3 years later...

I know the very best I've seen was a few yrs ago by Cruise Diva but couldn't find it until I went to the CruiseClues link. Still not the list I use which must be outdated. Here's the link for a lot of great ideas to get started. My list in docs doesn't show the site but if I find it in my suitcases in the spare BR which is being used now, :(, I'll post it. Need to get it going for Sept. 10th anyway!:D

http://***************/pack3.htm]

Archived