Postcards - Strange Question

lauren2pink

This is going to sound like a strange question to most of you... Is there anywhere at the terminal BEFORE boarding the cruise to purchase postcards featuring the boat(s)?

I know this sounds very strange, but my mother happens to be a preschool teacher. She and I are leaving Sunday for our first cruise (Carnival Conquest out of Galveston). She was wondering if there would be a way to buy the postcards Sunday and have label-stickers ready to stick on them so that my husband could mail them out Monday from home and the kids could get a note from their teacher Wednesday or so. Otherwise any postcards we send probably won't even arrive until after we get back.

Again, I know this is a strange question, but for any of you with young children, hopefully you will understand! Their "Miss Sharon" is leaving for a whole week!

Thanks for any help you can offer!

There are no shops in the cruise terminal where you could purchase a postcard of the ship.

Perhaps in Galveston you could find a more generic postcard of the harbor with a ship at one of the gift shops along the Strand.

Perhaps you could find a picture of the Conquest on line and print it out and send that along with a little note.

Have a great trip.

Im not sure about getting back off the boat once on so this may not work.....if you get there early, you could go to the pursers desk and buy postcards of the boat. I bought some there instead of in the ships store which doesnt open until you are at sea. This way you could buy them, get back off the boat and give to your husband. Just a thought. You might could ask them if you could do this. Hope it works out for you.

Go to Cruise Lines or Roll Calls here in CC and ask someone going on an earlier cruise, on that ship, to buy some cards and mail them to you :) There are so many nice people cruising I'm sure you'll fine someone who'll assist you...:)

Go to Cruise Lines or Roll Calls here in CC and ask someone going on an earlier cruise, on that ship, to buy some cards and mail them to you :) There are so many nice people cruising I'm sure you'll fine someone who'll assist you...:)

Wow, thats a fantastic idea. I think the OP has already left for the cruise, but a great suggestion for others who are considering this.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived