Formal Dinners and Uniforms

dc_chuck

My wife and kids and I are going on a Carnival Cruise in March. I am a Deputy Fire Chief and one of my firefighters told me it was permissible and encouraged to wear my dress uniform during the formal dinners. Does anyone have any comments?

last year on the Zenith (southern carrabeans), there was that gentleman who decide to come at formal diner, wearing his kilt, most people liked it and the women find it interresting, but the problem came later when he decide to play the pipe on the ship, bodering everybody with the noise. At kareoke it almost create a riot, so they took him out and confine him to cabin, for the night.

He was not to happy, and tried again the next evening, it stop after that, so I thing they confiscated the instrument until the end of the trip:rolleyes:

Century 2002

Zuiderdam 2003

Zenith 2005

Zenith 2006

My wife and kids and I are going on a Carnival Cruise in March. I am a Deputy Fire Chief and one of my firefighters told me it was permissible and encouraged to wear my dress uniform during the formal dinners. Does anyone have any comments?

My husband is active duty military and he always wears his uniform on formal night. There have always been men in uniform on formal nights on all the cruises we have been on. It is very exciting.

You should wear your uniform on formal night with pride!! I have seen military members in their dress uniforms and they always look sharp, proud and impressive!! Wear it and be proud of what you do!!! Thank you, and all of the firefighters for what you do!!

Amazing. There are exactly two threads on cruisecritic with univeral agreement:

This one -- wear the uniform; be proud; and thank you for what you do.

and

Athens cab drivers will rip you off.

I am sure there is commonality here, but the heck if I can see it. <grin>

paul

Not only is Dress Uniform appropriate, you do an extremely worthwhile job and should wear the uniform with pride.

However, last time I cruised with Carnival, there were many wearing jeans and polo shirts on formal night... so don't be disappointed if others have not made the effort in dressing for the occasion.

The joke over here in the UK is that Carnival Formal = Black Levis!

Have a great vacation and don't sweat the small stuff!

Archived